Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

When you hit the right flipper, the score is intermittently increased by 50 points every third or fourth flip. A friend went through and saw that some of the capacitors on the switches had been clipped and some had not been clipped. He suggested we clip the rest which we did. Still having the issue. The only thing we can find that scores fifty points is the slingshots and we made sure that the switches on the slings were properly adjusted. Any ideas? Flipper diode issue?

#2 4 years ago

Well cutting off caps bad move. Now you will be missing all kinds of hits.
You just have a switch to close. Go into switch test and bang on the pf a bit and see what switch is the culprit. Widen the gap done.

#3 4 years ago

Forgot to say we banged all over playfield and could not duplicate which lead us to believe was not a switch issue.

#4 4 years ago

So you were in switch test and did some banging and no switch number reported??

But every 3 or 4 th flip will give you the 50 point.

And if the 50 is only in the slings I would then go to switch test
And verify correct switch number and working then tape them up or block with paper so impossible to score and see what happens.

#5 4 years ago

Not slings or it would trigger the MPU to fire the sling solenoid. Must be another 50 point switch somewhere.

#6 4 years ago

What about the rebound behind the drop targets or next to center ramp on upper level?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

What about the rebound behind the drop targets or next to center ramp on upper level?

I'll bet that's it.

I also had an intermittent flipper-scoring issue on my SI. The switch test also did not register any stuck switches when I banged on the playfield, but it was because the rebound switch wasn't 'stuck' closed. It was just barely too close so any in-game vibration caused an occasional contact.

#8 4 years ago

I think you guys have hit on it. It only registers with the right flipper because the upper flipper is making the vibration. I blocked the switch and no more phantom scoring. Great work!

#9 4 years ago

Now you need to reference schematics and put all those caps back
They are there to lengthen a switch hit so the CPU does not miss the event. I have heard you will have all kinds of missed scoring if you leave it like that.
Pretty sure it was on rays tech tips grc on you tube most likely the switch episode.

Glad you found the root cause switch.

#10 4 years ago

Yeah it will make you crazy when the ball smacks the pop bumper and nothing happens....those caps make a world of difference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 149.00
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside