This Flash Gordon build is forked off my other Flash Gordon project over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-causing-me-to-blackout
In a nutshell I have enough parts lying about to build a second Flash Gordon so decided I'm going to go for it and this will be documented here. The first retoration has gotten totally out of control and will be sold off when completed, I just wanted a game to play!
What I have gathered so far..
1) Backglass from original, needs repair around display four and other flaking. (repair complete!)
2) Playfield and wood rails from original, PF needs repair. (see below)
3) Apron, good condition.
4) Legs, good condition will repaint.
5) Strobe from original, needs repair. I have already replaced the caps and suspect the strobe element itself is shot. Been considering making a 12V LED flasher circuit to replace this but still exploring the circuit to see how feasible. (Strobe repaired since & bracket fabricated)
6) Drop targets, pop bumper tops, plastics and posts from original. Will have to reproduce or obtain one plastic. (DONE) Ended up buying drops and pop bumper caps new, cheap enough and look nice. Posts cleaned up fine and the rest of the plastics good to go.
7) Donor game, in this case Mr. and Mrs. Pacman.
Parts for "The Frankenstein Flash Gordon" would be the lower cabinet (with harness, shooter, coin door, transformer and power board) 7-digit displays, wiring harness, circuit boards (MPU, Solenoid, lamp, aux lamp, Squawk and Talk) 3 flipper mechs, the ball gates and reed switches (for spinners) the dual direction saucer, sling shot mechs, drop target banks (one that will be converted to inline target bank) and various bits and pieces from under and on top of the playfield like posts, screws, outhole ball kicker and standup targets.
Stuff I need:
1) Upper FG steel ball guides, 3 ramps, lower ball guides and ball director under the apron. (OBTAINED)
2) Single drop target with memory. (DONE)
3) Upper cabinet, found in Ohio and will be in my hands by July and I'll fabricate a new pedestal base. (FOUND)
4) Backbox lamp and display panel (I'll fabricate)
5) Isolation transformer if using factory strobe (Here, Mouser)
6) Spinners (PBR)