3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey there. I am in the process of a playfield swap for my Flash Gordon. Have everything moved to the new playfield and have starting testing things. Initially, I kept blowing F5 and I found a couple of shorts in the GI, which I fixed. F5 is no longer blowing, but F1 has started blowing. Can anyone give me a strategy for testing the controlled lamps? The GI was easy as I could tell there was a short before I fixed something and saw no short afterward with no bulbs plugged in. What's the best way to troubleshoot F1?

Thanks!

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for posting this. It has some really great information, but unfortunately I can't get into test mode as the fuse immediately blows when I plug in the playfield. The controlled lamps are working in the backbox, so I know that the boards are outputting the signal to turn them off and on. Any thoughts on how to track down the cause of the F1 fuse blowing?

Thanks!

#5 3 years ago

Well, I fixed it. Something in that documentation made me rethink how I wired the GI and controlled lamp buses. I went back and figured out which wire from the rectifier board matched which playfield buss string. I then went over every wire and every connection. I discovered that I accidentally wired one of the GI buss strings to a controlled lamp base. My strategy for the swap was really trying to recreate what was on the old playfield, but it's easy to make a mistake. Thinking this through and being careful about checking every single connection is what made the difference. Thanks again for replying - it helped me solve the issue and I'm back in business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 22.50
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-blowing-f1-fuse?tu=n1teowl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.