(Topic ID: 289066)

Flash Gordon 2021: Re-imagined code for Bally Flash Gordon (1981)

By bluebomber

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230525_104435 (resized).jpg
flashboard 2 (resized).jpeg
78189972de518cb69a4958d65038c294c57572aa (resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2021-04-23_at_7.00.15_PM (resized).png
IMG_4094 (resized).jpg
IMG_4100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4102 (resized).JPG
IMG_4104 (resized).JPG
20210730_134028 (resized).jpg
Flash-Gordon-2021-Rule-Card-1 (resized).jpg
Flash-Gordon-2021-Rule-Card-2 (resized).jpg
Flash-Gordon-2021-Rule-Card-2 (resized).jpg
Flash-Gordon-2021-Rule-Card-1 (resized).jpg
aaca33030c8d53da080e15a6efc6b4b935144362 (resized).jpg
error (resized).png
sketch (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I thought I saw in another thread (when I looked after my last post) something about up to system 11 games.

That's a different project although I don't have a link handy to that one - that was P3 (normally for the DMD era games) going down to the system 11 era Snux has a thread on this project running on system 11 F-14.

Quoted from UNCgump:

And ooh, Kings of Steel is ripe for a good recode

I was looking for ideas for that game a while ago but didn't really go anywhere with it (I don't have the game.... yet....) I know people love to hit the right target and some tournaments do stuff like swap the dangerous center targets' wiring with that target, but the gist of the game comes down to people just shoot the safe thing over and over again, instead of (to me) shooting the drop target bank.

I wasn't going to recode with the arduino project though I was going to use the original boardsets with that code, but the idea is the same.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

How about once you complete the drop target bank, then the right target lights up. You can collect the right target, then it unlights. You have to hit the next group of cards (drop targets) to get it to re-light.

So it would ramp up until collected? So you could hit the bank down as many times as you can before collecting. Looks like it might not be 'called out' on the playfield what actually advances that right target.

I'll have to read the ruleset again to see if stuff like bonus multiplier carry over - that seems like it could really high too. I know back in the day when KoS was in the arcades it was one of the new 7 digit games we could turn over pretty easily.

Can you test if I get something together?

4 months later
#189 2 years ago

I noticed the sign you added that said to press the button on the top of the cab (presumably to boot/reboot the arduino?) but it seemed like there were 2 buttons there.

When playing I was like WTF because the lamps weren't lighting but I realized pretty quickly that it was a sequence since they went on momentarily and then went off. Certainly a rethinking of how to play the game but I'd guess casual players who weren't familiar with the minutiae of the original ruleset might not notice. Since it's Flash Gordon, the ball times were really short so I don't think I got too far into the new code. Didn't want to hog the machine so one and done for me and my GF. She loves the theme of the game and the artwork, but the brutal ball times just didn't do it for her. (And we have a Stars that she does like)

Thanks for bringing it. And yes, the sound needs to be cranked up in that huge hall. I had to crank up my Flash to hear anything.

Everyone could hear the 4-5 meteors from everywhere in that area though

3 weeks later
#197 2 years ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

The timing to read the two nibbles is probably different with my replacement S&T board.

Can you sample it several time within those timing ranges to add some leeway to grab the nibbles?

1 year later
#228 1 year ago
Quoted from shimoda:

The site is gone!?! No examples of the hardware setup or anything, all just gone.

looks like just the rev3 stuff is gone, the other stuff listed in message 1 is still there

#231 1 year ago

Grab the hardware stuff from Dick Hamill threads if you need it.
Did you try dm bluebomber directly to see what's going on with some of the subsections on GitHub?

3 weeks later
#248 11 months ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

I’d be happy to contribute some funds if someone would re do the code for space Shuttle ??

What do you want changed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 90.00
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-2021-re-imagined-code-for-bally-flash-gordon-1981?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.