You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

williamspinballwires.png
sys6backboxparts.jpg
williamspinballwires.png
myflashbackboxfuses.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I figured out the fuses for Flash and installed them onto the power supply and one under the power supply, but my game has a section for three fuses where as other Flash games only seem to have one. Both of them come off of / go to gray wires which seem to go to the sound board in the body of the cabinet, there's three wires I believe which go to it and two of them are fused. It doesn't seem other Flash machines have this (just the fused yellow), is this just something extra which is factory or not? What do I put in here? There is also another yellow wire connected next to these fuse holders but it does not take a fuse and is connected directly.

The information I got from somebody only had information for five fuses which match these values but nothing on the other two. Other "Flash" pinball machines only seem to have one fuse and holder at that position.

myflashbackboxfuses.pngmyflashbackboxfuses.png

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

after a second look that just looks like something someone threw in there to replace a holder and there is a couple extras. no biggy

Each side of both of those fuse holders have a wire soldered to it so they're not un-used. I looked up what the wires were that go to the soundboard molex and they fused the 12V and -12V that goes to the soundboard (fitted in the body for Flash) if the wires are running where I think they are. The soundboard also has the appropriate fuses fitted to itself which were there when I got it. I'll check the wires once I get back there again but they're the same color and I believe I checked it already, but I don't know for sure. Only get to check the machine on weekends for right now, damn.

This almost looks factory though. Weird. There's also a fuse diagram below it but I think that one is for the power supply fuses and not those fuses in particular.

I still haven't got the game running so I just wanted to cover my bases before I started to troubleshoot further, I'm still waiting for my power supply caps to come in the mail. This shouldn't be an issue and I should be only missing sound without fuses in there it seems.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Vid talks about adding fuses here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2#post-945742
but for lamp/solenoid, not sound. You might PM hime since he's bound to know a reason (good or bad) this was done.

Thanks. These are the wires which are fused on my machine in addition to the yellow fused wire shown in his picture. Irrelevant to the guide, but does anybody know what the purpose of these are? Thanks so much all!

williamspinballwires.pngwilliamspinballwires.png
#7 8 years ago

Found this picture online which also has the same fuse setup in the lower right corner. (Not Flash either, as the soundboard is mounted in the head / backbox).

sys6backboxparts.jpgsys6backboxparts.jpg
#10 8 years ago

I'm thinking they might be HV related now and not to the sound board, possibly? The gray shrink-tubing covered wires coming down from the top left of the power supply in the last picture I posted are the ones I might have been thinking of, but then again, they'd be going up in this pin as the sound board is in the backbox so I'm not sure what they do but I can see it going down into the body of the pin here too. Still, not the same set of wires which are fused in my machine so I must be wrong thinking they are sound related.

My pin also does have fuses on the sound board so I'm thinking these wires are not related to the sound board and are used for high voltage or to power something else. If you could track them down on your machine (direct lower right corner inside of the backbox if you're looking into it) that might help. Two posts ago I posted a picture of those gray wires which are molex'd. Found that picture on the internet but I am positive two of those wires are the fused ones. This seems to be popular in System 3 games and my power supply has the yellow colored caps used in only Hot Tip and Lucky Strike (I read those were no longer on the power supply when Flash came around, but maybe they were left on and just not used? I don't know) yet my pin has a System 6 CPU board so some or a lot of it must not be original but that shouldn't matter.

#11 8 years ago

Just a note for anybody else checking this thread, what we're trying to figure out here is what exactly these light gray (and possibly the white one too) wires do / carry:

williamspinballwires.pngwilliamspinballwires.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-extra-fuses?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.