(Topic ID: 268256)

Flash Dead On arrival Progress but need a little Help!

By McPin54

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200509_133608 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Need a little help here.

I have repinned the 40pin and every header on the MPU. Power board is measuring with all the correct voltages.

By repinning mpu and 40 pin I now have displays and the leds on the mpu flash once and remain off, Indicating the MPU is good according to pinwiki. I am not well versed in the coin door diagnostics but was able to fool around and get the coils to cycle. I do however have numbers displaying in the player one display as shown in the picture. Do these numbers indicate on what could potentially be wrong. Any help on where to go next is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Need a little help here.
I have repinned the 40pin and every header on the MPU. Power board is measuring with all the correct voltages.
By repinning mpu and 40 pin I now have displays and the leds on the mpu flash once and remain off, Indicating the MPU is good according to pinwiki. I am not well versed in the coin door diagnostics but was able to fool around and get the coils to cycle. I do however have numbers displaying in the player one display as shown in the picture. Do these numbers indicate on what could potentially be wrong. Any help on where to go next is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

20200509_133608 (resized).jpg20200509_133608 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

It looks like it might be in audit mode, which usually happens after replacing the batteries or ram. On those games, you turn the game on, and then turn it off and on again in quick succession in order to get past audit mode and into attract mode. If the batteries and ram are good, it should boot to attract mode any time you turn the game on from that point forward (until the batteries are removed again). If it continues to boot to audit mode there may be a problem with the batteries or ram or something else perhaps.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

It looks like it might be in audit mode, which usually happens after replacing the batteries or ram. On those games, you turn the game on, and then turn it off and on again in quick succession in order to get past audit mode and into attract mode. If the batteries and ram are good, it should boot to attract mode any time you turn the game on from that point forward (until the batteries are removed again). If it continues to boot to audit mode there may be a problem with the batteries or ram or something else perhaps.

Frunch, YOURE THE MAN!

That worked. Plays 100% once I adjust some switches.
Sound board will need some love, no sound yet.

THANK YOU!

#5 3 years ago

Woo hoo!

I'll always remember when that happened on my Black Knight (my *first* pin, bought non working with no pinball knowledge)...i finally got my boards back from the coin op cauldron and was so hyped to see if the game would work. Finally hooked everything up and...it went to audit mode. Just gi lights and the numbers up on the displays similar to your game. Took me a little while to finally discover the solution (same as you just found) and man was i excited when it worked!

Enjoy your new pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-dead-on-arrival-progress-but-need-a-little-help?hl=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.