Flash13.jpg
Flash14.jpg
Sys3SoundPower.jpg
DSC05524.JPG
20140214_091818.jpg
FLASH5.jpg
FLASH4.jpg
FLASH3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DiggerPSU.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago

Has anyone figured how to get rid of the "hum" in attract mode? I've done all the suggestions which made it better but it is still there?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Did you try this one from John Robertson?
https://www.flippers.com/will-tips.html#Hum
viperrwk

I tried this and the hum is quieter, but still there? Any other suggestions? Or is it just that the older machines have a slight hum to them?

#48 10 years ago

Missing part needed, but I don't know what it's called. In the back box, there are plastic surrounds around some of the lights, specifically around the lights for each player's number. But I'm missing one? Any idea what they are called and where I could find a replacement? Thanks

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Well mine is totally silent. It wasn't and here was my solution.
ยป YouTube video
try it out it takes all of a minute to try. I have had no ill effects.
I really think part of the problem is they mix a center tap transformer with a Full wave bridge rectifier circuit instead of just using two diodes with center tapped circuit. So remove the center tap and you get a normal transformer to bridge circuit.
If it works for ya please let me know.

I just tried this fix and the hum is totally gone. There was one person who posted on youTube that this was not a good idea? Has anyone else tried this? Does anyone else see any issues with it? I did not see any other posts from people who also used this fix? Just worried as I spent a lot of time getting my Flash restored that I don't want to "break" anything. Thanks CNKay.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Yep - either make your own or salvage off a parts game. They are otherwise unobtanium. There isn't even a part number for them in the manual:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1980/index.html#/32/zoomed
I can tell you they do clean up nicely in the dishwasher...
viperrwk

Thanks for the info. I'm new to the pinball "hobby" I don't have a parts machine. Anyone willing to sell an old one?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DiggerPSU.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-back-to-1979?tu=DiggerPSU and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.