6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by DennisT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 months ago
Quoted from DennisT:

I hope this is a simple fix. My Flash has always had what could be described as a loud ac hum at idle. The board is a type 1 version 2 and has been recapped. There’s no hum when connected to dc power on the bench. I also have another board I tried that also has the same humming issue.
I searched the forum and didn’t see anything about this problem.
Anyone else ever have this problem?
Thanks
Dennis

These boards will have some hum but it should be inaudible unless you get your ear up to the speaker or turn the volume way up. If two borads have identical type hum its probably not the sound board.

I had a time warp where the power board square 6 pin (only 2 wires used), where ground comes in, burn up and cause the nasty hum out of the sound board. Even tho the sound board has its own transformer tap and power supply, a ground problem on the main power supply must be able get noise into the sound board. Try reseating that plug with the power off and see if the hum changes.

Check the flash manual page 21 and 22, these pages are reversed in the IPDB scan pdf file. It should not apply to a type 2 sound board but they have some notes about noise you may want to read.

4 weeks later
#12 5 months ago

So the guy removes the center tap ground connector pin from the transformer power input it reduces the hum. Wouldn't that just mean he has a ground potential issue at the place where grounds actually come together? That hum is not norrmal on sys3-6 games. Sys 11, yes to some extent.

I have had that hum in system 6 game firepower(similar sound) and I want to say the 6pin square shaped ground plug on the power board was the caused. Can't remember exactly but pretty sure fiddling with that plug made the hum go in and out. Repin it made the hum go away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 102.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Summerville, SC
$ 25.50
$ 7,875.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside