Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DBA06CA4-272F-4140-89BB-26E4CF2D8776 (resized).png
    ChNoeMIXEAAvKio (resized).jpg
    4a14c75aa606f6e2bd35c30146a785c9 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Interesting thing happening. I posted a add for non working pinball machines as I want projects and to add to my collection. My posts are getting almost instantly flagged. I’m assuming someone doesn’t like competition!? Any advice on how to keep a add up?

#2 5 years ago

Thats been going on since the 90's. Human nature.

#3 5 years ago

Remember when you offered $2800 on the Mustang Pro I had on Craigslist 2 years ago and called me a pussy for not selling it to you?

I'm not sure we should elect you "guy who decides how CL should work."

#4 5 years ago

Are you putting your wanting to buy ad in the For Sale>Wanted? If you list it under For Sale>Collectible or For Sale>Video Games, for example, you're in the wrong category and will most likely get flagged.

#5 5 years ago

I had a bunch of atv and snowmobile gaskets nos and still in original packaging, I no longer needed I spent time posting an ad for free just pay postage or pick up. Within a minute or so it was flagged and or removed. It was also only the second time posting something on CL. I hated to just throw em away but I did, and said never again. There are to many assholes in the world.

#6 5 years ago

I don’t understand the motivation for flagging a post like this? What do you get out of doing that?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Remember when you offered $2800 on the Mustang Pro I had on Craigslist 2 years ago and called me a pussy for not selling it to you?

What the hell?!?

#8 5 years ago

Turning popcorn machine on NOW...

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t understand the motivation for flagging a post like this? What do you get out of doing that?

At least in Chicago area, I think a lot of people get frustrated with the game flippers trying to snag EVERY deal they can. And some offering next to nothing to the uneducated seller.

The occasional hobbyist truely looking for a family project or specific title is a much better ad to a lot of people; But not always easily distinguishable from other ones.

Most any free classified type app/site winds up getting some either MASS flooding of ads from businesses (buying or selling) or WORSE; Scam/spam ads that are bad news for all of us.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Are you putting your wanting to buy ad in the For Sale>Wanted? If you list it under For Sale>Collectible or For Sale>Video Games, for example, you're in the wrong category and will most likely get flagged.

From what I've seen, this is the most likely scenario. People don't like it when others put a wanted ad in the for sale section.

#12 5 years ago

For pins in particular, the CL ads (wanted or for sale) are almost entirely posted by retailers, flippers or folks deeply into the hobby. There are virtually no homeowner trying to buy or sell a pin ads. I don't flag, but I'm sick of the endless stream of the "I'll buy your game working or not for TOP dollar. Don't let the other douchebags who post on here rip you off." ads. I rarely look at CL anymore. Total waste of time, just like eBay.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Well did his jedi mind trick work?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are obnoxious low-ballers and bottom feeders who spam CL constantly.

I'm not in the flagging business but I can see why others are.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

By reading the reply from this pinsider it sounds like the answer to your question is “karma”. Comes around goes around man. Maybe you are the local “choggard”? We have one here in Ca as well. We call him “gorf”

#16 5 years ago

If this was a Friday night started thread, I'd be popping more already

#17 5 years ago

Cant stand those ads and I flag them every single time. Chances are you ( I say you in general) are a flipper looking to make a quick buck and or hope to score a great deal by taking advantage of someone who might not know the value of their machine(s).

#18 5 years ago

"interesting thing happening. My posts keep getting flagged."

If you have to tell us its interesting, it likely is not.

#19 5 years ago

Just did a quick search on CL within 100 miles of Chatham. There were 5 listings with "Want" in the title. They are all in the Want to Buy section. That includes these two gems:

Want to buy pinball machines 1980 and newer. Working and non

and

Pinball machines wanted

Working or not

Cash paid

Thanks

You must be putting them in the wrong place or making people mad in some other way.

#20 5 years ago

pay for an ad elsewhere (instead of posting in free sights) and it won't get flagged. Easy enough. Too many flippers out there giving sad stories to NON pinball people trying to get a game cheap, "please hold for me, ive never had a game, want one for my grand kids, blah blah blah".
    All lies to rip people off then flip flip flip flip without even claiming income tax. it gets annoying.
    Flag away.

#21 5 years ago
    4a14c75aa606f6e2bd35c30146a785c9 (resized).jpg4a14c75aa606f6e2bd35c30146a785c9 (resized).jpg
    #22 5 years ago

The "local collector" ads are the worst. CL, Facebook, letgo, all of it spammed up by the same few jabronis.

"I will come and pick them up in my SUV (These things are heavy!!) - Hey you don't want that big heavy thing in your house any more amirite?
    "I will offer fair market value" - I'll offer less than half of market value, and flip it for over market value thereby continuing to drive up prices for the people that actually enjoy this hobby
    "I'm looking for a few machines for my game room" - I'm literally the white version of Fred Sanford and will store the machines I fleece off of you in a storage unit until it's time to flip. I also have a son that tries to tell me what to do, but I tell him to shut his *** mouth and stick to posting our ads.
    "It doesn't matter if it's working, broken, dirty" - It doesn't matter because I'm not going to do jack *** to it except give it my midas touch before flipping it

My only hope is that while they are driving, taking their latest "haul" FB post after fleecing some poor widow, a deer pops out causing them to swerve off the road thereby pinning them (let's say a black knight , or something heavier like haunted house) in an overturned pontiac aztec for 3 hours before someone realizes they aren't out camping in the woods and calls the cops.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from projvulkn:

I posted a add for non working pinball machines as I want projects and to add to my collection. My posts are getting almost instantly flagged. ... Any advice on how to keep a add up?

Try looking on CL for advice on how CL works. This will get you started: www.craigslist.org link
    and then www.craigslist.org link
    "For help from CL users regarding flagging, visit flag help forum, and follow the instructions there." forums.craigslist.org link

#24 5 years ago

Try posting in missed connections.... It's even worse there.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

"guy who decides how CL should work."

I’m your huckleberry...

#26 5 years ago

Some good advice and some good hate. I love pinball and have a great collection, love working on them and yes, sell the ones I get sick of, keeping the money in the hobby. Finding good deals just financed a Alice coopers nightmare castle so I really couldn’t cRe less of you call me a flipper because I sold a no fear that I got sick of. I guess I should keep all my machines so some heated fanatic thinks I’m a good hobbiest.Also my offer still stands for the mustang pro, I’ll give you cash and I can pickup from your moms basement If I called someone a pussy for getting butt hurt over a low offer than I stand by it.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from projvulkn:

Some good advice and some good hate. I love pinball and have a great collection, love working on them and yes, sell the ones I get sick of, keeping the money in the hobby. Finding good deals just financed a Alice coopers nightmare castle so I really couldn’t cRe less of you call me a flipper because I sold a no fear that I got sick of. I guess I should keep all my machines so some heated fanatic thinks I’m a good hobbiest.Also my offer still stands for the mustang pro, I’ll give you cash and I can pickup from your moms basement If I called someone a pussy for getting butt hurt over a low offer than I stand by it.

So, since you didn't address it, I'll assume you post in the For Sale section instead of Wanted. Ironic to post a thread like this and then complain about others being "butt hurt".

#28 5 years ago

I wonder if it would work to copy the entire flipper ad, cut and past, same photos and all. They wouldn't flag it because they would scroll down and know it as their own. lol

#29 5 years ago

What grinds me on CL is... if I search "pinball", dozens of cheap, unrelated items come up from the same seller (belt buckles, Indian prints, western clothing, turquoise jewelry etc). Nothing to do with "Pinball".

At the bottom of the ad, is a very long paragraph of "Keywords": one is pinball.

That's annoying!

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from projvulkn:

Here's one of life's rules that I have found to be unerringly true....

Anyone above the age 12 that uses the term "butt hurt" has has immaturity and insecurity issues.

Now, add in using the term "pussy" and you've taken it to a whole extra level. I'm not sure why anyone on this board would deal with you as you've done such a fine job of showing who you are.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I know I'm 2 days late to the party but...

ChNoeMIXEAAvKio (resized).jpgChNoeMIXEAAvKio (resized).jpg
    #32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

What grinds me on CL is... if I search "pinball", dozens of cheap, unrelated items come up from the same seller (belt buckles, Indian prints, western clothing, turquoise jewelry etc). Nothing to do with "Pinball".
    At the bottom of the ad, is a very long paragraph of "Keywords": one is pinball.
    That's annoying!

Oh you mean this

DBA06CA4-272F-4140-89BB-26E4CF2D8776 (resized).pngDBA06CA4-272F-4140-89BB-26E4CF2D8776 (resized).png
    #33 5 years ago

YES!!!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from projvulkn:

Also my offer still stands for the mustang pro, I’ll give you cash and I can pickup from your moms basement If I called someone a pussy for getting butt hurt over a low offer than I stand by it.

Massholes gonna Masshole. It’s essentially a law of physics.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Here's one of life's rules that I have found to be unerringly true....
    Anyone above the age 12 that uses the term "butt hurt" has has immaturity and insecurity issues.
    Now, add in using the term "pussy" and you've taken it to a whole level. I'm not sure why anyone on this board would deal with you as you've done such a fine job of showing who you are.

What about Snowflakes?

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

What about Snowflakes?

DAMN YOU POLAR VORTEX

#37 5 years ago

Super butt hurt

#38 5 years ago

Try some lube next time, I hear it works wonders.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flagging-cl-posts?hl=knapp_arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.