Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sunnRAT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Why do PINSIDERS flag someones OPINION of a game?
    I see too many reviews of a machine and its been "FLAGGED"
    WHY?
    Sorry, it just makes YOU look childish.
    ENJOY

#2 3 years ago

Well, some reviews aren’t really reviews. There isn’t any substance to them and they are just a silly rant. It cuts against any credibility the Pinside 100 may have. I think those flags are legit. However, some people flag well thought out reviews just because they don’t agree with them. In my opinion, that’s no reason to flag. To each his own.

#3 3 years ago

Because I want the games that I own to be the highest rated.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Well, some reviews aren’t really reviews. There isn’t any substance to them and they are just a silly rant. It cuts against any credibility the Pinside 100 may have. I think those flags are legit. However, some people flag well thought out reviews just because they don’t agree with them. In my opinion, that’s no reason to flag. To each his own.

I completely agree.

Different people enjoy (or don't enjoy) pins for various reasons. It doesn't make their decision any less accurate.

#5 3 years ago

It helps pinsiders sift through the nonsense reviews to read when you change settings to not read flagged reviews by the people who leave 10s for the games they have and 2s for the ones they dont. If anything the system should automatically kick out ratings with more than 10 flags.

#6 3 years ago

for the case when someone gives a 3.5 to TAF or JP2 or TMNT, etc..

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

for the case when someone gives a 3.5 to TAF or JP2 or TMNT, etc

This. I have no time for WOZ but its still got a 5.5 from me. I mean its fun to shoot and I can appreciate the beauty. For some dickhead to give a give pin a 1 or 2 or even 3 is just stupid and I'm gonna flag it. Oh yeah.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

This. I have no time for WOZ but its still got a 5.5 from me. I mean its fun to shoot and I can appreciate the beauty. For some dickhead to give a give pin a 1 or 2 or even 3 is just stupid and I'm gonna flag it. Oh yeah.

Have you played Thunderbirds?

#9 3 years ago

Was your review full of all caps? That may be the problem

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I completely agree.
    Different people enjoy (or don't enjoy) pins for various reasons. It doesn't make their decision any less accurate.

My only argument to that is the reviews that have a score on one extreme or another to their review. For example;

“I played the game once and the left flipper broke 0/10.0” well we know that doesn’t impact any of the ratings like the cabinet artwork.

I think some are trying to eliminate the scores that were just ran through. The content in the review isn’t so important as the score.

I might be exaggerating a little in the above but it’s not very far off on some of the reviews I’ve seen on here.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Because I want the games that I own to be the highest rated.

The good news is most games older than 10 to 20 years have already established themselves so don’t need Pinside to tell you how good they are.

EMs, forget about it. Those have been set in stone back in the 90s haha. Plus a lot of the EM people don’t care about the ratings so it seems. Me being one of them.

#12 3 years ago

I got flagged for my low review of Road Show as did all other pinsiders that rated it less than 7. You can't see who flagged you but i would assume just a few fan boys with to much time on their hands trying to pump their game ratings . Get a life

#13 3 years ago

Its a rare failure by pinside. Good idea in theory but just becomes a fan boy tool.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Have you played Thunderbirds?

No but I have played some EM's and even those have some degree of fun.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its a rare failure by pinside. Good idea in theory but just becomes a fan boy tool.

Yep. How about eliminate the zero and have 1 to 5? 0 through 10 is to big of a spectrum for fanboys or other idiots to give something a 1. Wait a minute I just realized something..........who gives a shit.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

No but I have played some EM's and even those have some degree of fun.

Thunderbirds is a step up from a zizzle and better than nothing ....... but not by much.

#17 3 years ago

Yeah flagging reviews for opinions just seems very self centered and narcissistic. If the review had language that broke TOS then you would report it

The funny part is, if you don’t put in any comment, nobody can flag it. So in the end, I’m not sure what people are trying to accomplish

Flagging 10, 20, 30 times doesn’t discount the review from the total average. It just put it in a category so you can filter it

So flagging is just pointless. Kind of like a top 100 pins

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

for the case when someone gives a 3.5 to TAF or JP2 or TMNT, etc..

So nobody is allowed to dislike those games or hate themes? And of course you highly rate games you own. Who goes and spends good money on a bad game? People take this stuff way to seriously.

#19 3 years ago

I'll flag a review when they clearly have the wrong game, as in this review for "Stars";

"Nice widebody. Good art. Fun to play."

Clearly, Stars is not a widebody. I suspect they're actually talking about Star Race based on other comments in the review. I don't take the ratings very seriously but it does help me look for new games that I might want to play when I get to shows, if we ever get back to shows. If any changes were made, I'd rather have the ability to ignore ratings from specific users. I'm thinking specifically that it would be nice to be able to ignore ratings from that group that thinks there were no good games built before say 1990 just to pick a point in time and also vice versa.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from sirisles:

Why do PINSIDERS flag someones OPINION of a game?
    I see too many reviews of a machine and its been "FLAGGED"
    WHY?
    Sorry, it just makes YOU look childish.
    ENJOY

Couldn't agree with you more. As soon as someone disagrees everyone flags it. I don't think tnmt is that great. If I score it a 6 everyone has to flag me. I guess I should just agree with the masses. Flagging should not be allowed in reviews.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Who goes and spends good money on a bad game?

It's rumored that some people bought Thunderbirds.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Think that was just marketing.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Couldn't agree with you more. As soon as someone disagrees everyone flags it. I don't think tnmt is that great. If I score it a 6 everyone has to flag me. I guess I should just agree with the masses. Flagging should not be allowed in reviews.

As others have said, you shouldn’t be flagged for your opinion. However, there is a place for flagging if it is a misplaced review or someone not taking the process seriously.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

And maybe they actually like it.

#25 3 years ago

Can't remember which game it was but someone made a review stating they "haven't played" the game but it looked good or something like that. Stuff like that should be flagged, for sure.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flag-someones-review?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.