Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bigdaddy07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Would installing a FL-17636 flipper coil, that came out of my STTNG, in my SS cause any harm? I'm trying to add a little power to my boney beast ramp shot. I just want to make sure it wouldnt fry anything since its a little more powerfull.

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

You mean like break stuff quicker ? Yes it will do stuff quite nicely.

Thankfully ramps and slingshots are cheap. Go for it.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

I was just wanting to try it out on the right side since its a little sluggish, way too often goes halfway up the ramp and slams back down the center to drain. I already replaces the sleeve, EoS switch, and spring but, its still a little limp for my liking. If its too strong I will remove it but, I want to make sure it wont fry anything first.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was just wanting to try it out on the right side since its a little sluggish, way too often goes halfway up the ramp and slams back down the center to drain. I already replaces the sleeve, EoS switch, and spring but, its still a little limp for my liking. If its too strong I will remove it but, I want to make sure it wont fry anything first.

EOS won't really matter here. Williams spring is good ( weaker ). New coil sleeve is good.

Clean your flipper button optos.

Be sure your plunger linkage isn't worn, even a little can take away ooomph.

And look at the brackets holding the coil, be sure they are in a straight line, and not leaning in or out.

A little tweaking may help you here.

LTG

#5 11 years ago

OK, I went back and took the flipper assembly apart on your advise. I noticed that the plunger head was slightly mushroomed and was likely causing some drag. I ground the head down smooth and put it all back together. The flipper is stronger, sufficiently strong enough so, no need to use the stronger coil. Thanks LTG for the suggestions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 37.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fl-17636-coil-in-ss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.