FT_tear_down_(52).JPG
FT_tear_down_(49).JPG
FT_tear_down_(44).JPG
FT_tear_down_(34).JPG
FT_tear_down_(33).JPG
FT_tear_down_(30).JPG
FT_tear_down_(28).JPG

#1 10 years ago

Here are some pics of a FT that I bought just over a month ago that I plan on trying to restore, atleast the best I can. My first pin I've owned or tried to restore.
Advice is welcome....

#2 10 years ago

can't seem to get pics upload. It takes along time and keeps saying need to add content, will try again tomorrow
Yes I had a comment, tried uploading first before sending post..

#3 10 years ago

I am on my third FT restore. Glad to help where I can.

#4 10 years ago

I am in need of a Ft to restore.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from CRNUCKS:

can't seem to get pics upload. It takes along time and keeps saying need to add content, will try again tomorrow
Yes I had a comment, tried uploading first before sending post..

Pics are too big or too many at once and the Pinside server times out.

Reduce the size or upload fewer at a time.

RM

#6 10 years ago

A few pics when first delivered

FT_first_delivered_(1).JPGFT_first_delivered_(1).JPG FT_first_delivered_(5).JPGFT_first_delivered_(5).JPG FT_first_delivered_(8).JPGFT_first_delivered_(8).JPG FT_first_delivered_(10).JPGFT_first_delivered_(10).JPG FT_first_delivered_(13).JPGFT_first_delivered_(13).JPG FT_first_delivered_(18).JPGFT_first_delivered_(18).JPG

#7 10 years ago

A quick clean and started to install a CT premium led kit. played for about month and now the tear down begins.
Night one....1st set of pics

FT_first_delivered_(20).JPGFT_first_delivered_(20).JPG FT_tear_down_(28).JPGFT_tear_down_(28).JPG FT_tear_down_(30).JPGFT_tear_down_(30).JPG FT_tear_down_(33).JPGFT_tear_down_(33).JPG FT_tear_down_(34).JPGFT_tear_down_(34).JPG FT_tear_down_(44).JPGFT_tear_down_(44).JPG

#8 10 years ago

second set..

FT_tear_down_(49).JPGFT_tear_down_(49).JPG FT_tear_down_(52).JPGFT_tear_down_(52).JPG FT_tear_down_(53).JPGFT_tear_down_(53).JPG FT_tear_down_(55).JPGFT_tear_down_(55).JPG FT_tear_down_(56).JPGFT_tear_down_(56).JPG

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Pics are too big or too many at once and the Pinside server times out.
Reduce the size or upload fewer at a time.
RM

Thanks, such a simple thing and "bang on" pics sizes were to big!! cheers!!!

#10 10 years ago

As I tear it down I see I will be waiting for more parts, it certainly is a waiting game here in Canada for parts and shipping is going to kill me (should have ordered bumper light sockets too, newbie costly oops, I guess part of the learning curve lol!!!)

So now my dilemma is...I see B.A amusements now has complete playfield protectors,and seeing that I have to put an order in for 3 light sockets do I just order PF cover too? (shipping)

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CRNUCKS:

As I tear it down I see I will be waiting for more parts, it certainly is a waiting game here in Canada for parts and shipping is going to kill me (should have ordered bumper light sockets too, newbie costly oops, I guess part of the learning curve lol!!!)
So now my dilemma is...I see B.A amusements now has complete playfield protectors,and seeing that I have to put an order in for 3 light sockets do I just order PF cover too? (shipping)

Im just about to fully tear down my new FT as well. My pf has quite a bit more fish wear, so Im going to be getting the full decal and the playfield protector. I figured that would be a good solution and I can work on getting a CPF playfield later.

#12 10 years ago

Very cool man. I've been looking for something like this for my first pin as well. Keep bumping this post when you get parts in. I'd like to see how it ends up.

#13 10 years ago

Well this could be interesting!!
I managed to delete all my photos of me disassembling, It's a good thing I posted a few Because that's what I have to work with the put it back together oh boy!!!
Wish me luck and I'll post pictures soon!!
I could be relying on fellow FTer to send me a few pics of certain areas as I try to assemble!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 10 years ago

I'm sure some will have a bunch from a tear down , good luck . I love these threads !

#15 10 years ago

I have a FT. Photos are at: http://tomspinballpictures.shutterfly.com/

They are not the best photos. Some are from when I first got the game and some are as it sits now (cleaned up). I'm sure I can help you figure out where any particular part goes. Just let me know if you need any help. I can take and post as many photos as you like. If I need to take something apart and photograph, then I can do that too.

Best regards,

Tom M

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

I have a FT. Photos are at: http://tomspinballpictures.shutterfly.com/
They are not the best photos. Some are from when I first got the game and some are as it sits now (cleaned up). I'm sure I can help you figure out where any particular part goes. Just let me know if you need any help. I can take and post as many photos as you like. If I need to take something apart and photograph, then I can do that too.
Best regards,
Tom M

Thanks, I'm going to walk away from it tonight, start again tomorrow when I've had a few less bevies and catch actually think logically. Lol
Thanks for the link and the offer to take pics. Cheers

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from CRNUCKS:

.A amusements now has complete playfield protectors

What are these made of ? You have guts to tear it all down. I have never had the balls to do it. Pay my tech. And he is good . And there is always some thing fishy that happens. At least when I get his bill. Good luck !!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

What are these made of ? You have guts to tear it all down. I have never had the balls to do it. Pay my tech. And he is good . And there is always some thing fishy that happens. At least when I get his bill. Good luck !!

The site says it is •.75mm Makrolon, no idea what that is..
Here is the link to Bay Area Amusements and the playfield protector...
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-FT-PF-PROTECTOR

I don't think it would have been that hard if I hadn't lost most of my pics. beside I like a challenge, which I know have.. LOL

#20 10 years ago

I wasnt going to ordered one, I put on 3 coats of wax on it. But I just ordered an entire playfield protector so there will certainly be a delay now in the reassembly. Will post once I receive and and give my thoughts for anyone else interested. (Now remember I'm in Canada thing take a while to get here even thought I did order express priority!)

#21 10 years ago

Really like what you have done. It looks like you spent a lot if time on it too. looks great!!

Did you make the rule and free play cards or did you buy them somewhere? if so where, really like them and want to get a set.
cheers

1 week later
#23 10 years ago

Ok so, playfield protector just showed up! Yay can get back to put Ft back together again..

I did ask this question on someone else's post, but I'm going to ask fellow FT owners too!
How do you remove the metal lane dividers? *Edit* answered

Next question (Rhetorical question) Why in the world would they cut out around everything that screws out but not something that doesn't!!!! *edit* answer- cause they just pull out easliy. Lol

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago

More pics please !!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

More pics please !!

This is all I could do tonight, couldn't stand anymore! (Bad ankle)

#26 10 years ago

More pics please !!

This is all I could do tonight, couldn't stand anymore! (Bad ankle)

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 26.50
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Herndon, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-up-a-routed-fish-tales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.