2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by endodoc
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rsp-500-48 (resized).jpg
    voltage-pot-adjustment (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sebastian88.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Pretty sure the instructions clearly say to use a multimeter with alligator clips to check the baseline at the start and then be able to get the reading in real time to see what you're doing. I expanded the warning section to be VERY CLEAR now, and changed the recommendation to adjust .1v at a time then test instead of .2v at a time and test to address your concern.
    It's not common knowledge. I got tired of the "my Spike machine reset mid-game" posts in random Spike game threads all over Pinside, so I made a single thread to address the problem and provide the solution. For all I know, some of these poor sods are shellshocked from GoT Prem and think the resets are "as designed".
    As long as you're here, can you confirm that the software for the watchdog circuit has been adjusted to make these momentary-drop resets less frequent, and if that's been adjusted on all Spike software or just some of them? Leaving this important information about potentially safer and easier alternate fixes to the watchdog circuit itself in software that have happened or will happen to rumor and speculation is not super-customer-friendly.

Can you tell me exactly where to put my black lead and red lead in order to measure the 48v. It’s been along time. I see the pot on the power supply. I’m have GB reset issues during crazy multi balls. I want to bump it up a tenth as you suggested

#20 1 year ago

Nope. All my pins are in my game room on first floor. 6 sterns. All new. GB is the only one that resets randomly deep into game when we came we saw multiball. Started with new code. I figured it was a drop in the 5v. Had this happen a longgggg time ago on wwf pinball. Wasn’t sure how to adjust the voltage on spike system. First I will see if 48v is what I’m getting from factory. The game is only a few months old. I really appreciate your help

#22 1 year ago

Okay. Thanks my friend. You are a big help

2 weeks later
    #23 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

If the 48V is fine, or if adjusting it up a smidge doesn't help, you could always secure the leads to the +/- and monitor it live while you play that multiball to see if the extra load drops the output in real time. It may be a defective power supply that only fails under strong load.

Stern sent me a free power supply considering it was only a year old... wow. Sent back the one the game came with. FIXED. doEsnt reset under load. Thank god. Got deep into game, a lot of 6 ball multi balls/ no problem. So happy. Stern is alright. They didn’t have to do that I guess. The distributor sent them the purchase order/ that helped too. Thanks again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 159.00
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    £ 20.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 30.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 103.00
    $ 26.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sebastian88.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside