(Topic ID: 215140)

Fixing mid-game Stern Spike reset issue

By PinMonk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rsp-500-48 (resized).jpg
    voltage-pot-adjustment (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMWRainwater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

I recently bought a single owner HUO Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Premium which began resetting randomly once I got it home. Travel was secure with no hiccups & the game shoots perfectly, but at completely random intervals the machine reset back to a fresh 1 player game. It was being triggered by Trooper Multiball for a bit, but eventually started self-regulating for a little bit. It should be noted this has only been tested on Free Play. If you have 1-4 players on any ball, it can reset back to a new game where the next press of the flipper chooses a new song and begins a new game.

Stern was extremely responsive in helping fix this, asking me to send my CPU & power supply in for a free replacement. They said "we've never even heard of this issue" so IDK how active they are in the support forums. Lovely help, except when I got the new supplies back, the problem still exists. Not as frequently, but it's still completely resetting back to a fresh start, no matter how many players/mode/etc.

I'm not sure how to proceed here. I'm going to reach back out to Stern, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a problem with Iron Maiden, or any Stern games, resetting like this still.

-Josh

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMWRainwater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike?tu=JMWRainwater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.