Solarez5.JPG
Solarez3.JPG.JPG
Solarez1.JPG
rodi_2269_1167555370.jpeg
TAF Power.JPG
solarez.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meeotch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but... Can anyone confirm a product & affordable UV light combo that's still available? I have a couple of inserts that have some minor lifting of the clear along one edge, creating a "flap" of paint that will probably break off if I don't do something about it.

Scanning through the thread, it sounds like the formula of the original Simoniz product changed, such that it's no longer UV curable. Though something that *looks* like the original product (and has the "UV activated" logo), is available from a number of sources (amazon, ebay, walmart): ebay.com link: sch

Solarez seems to have just over one billion products available. I like the idea of the fly fishing flavor, but I didn't see a follow-up report from anyone who'd successfully used it: https://www.amazon.com/Solarez-Ultra-UV-Cure-Fly-TIE-Resin/dp/B077MWZW8X/

It seems like most of their other flavors aren't "ultra thin"? I'd definitely need something water-thin, as even lifting the edge of the paint flap enough to get the stuff in there will be tricky. Speaking of which - has anyone used these (or other) options with a syringe, and if so do you have a link for one with an appropriate gauge needle? Or does the pen-based stuff just wick in there?

As for cure lights, the original item is now $55. Amazon has literally dozens of options, and I can't tell if they are somehow different. This one claims to be 36W (compared to the original item's 6W), but it runs off USB power, so that's clearly wrong: https://www.amazon.com/Dryer-Polish-Timer-Connector-Tools/dp/B07GB42Q73 Other's claim "light that's closer to white, to protect your eyes", which also seems anti-science. Failing any way to tell them apart, I'd probably just pick a cheap one at random: https://www.amazon.com/DIOZO-Portable-Manicure-Curing-Anti-UV/dp/B07K1QNK9W

DSC_0039 (resized).jpgDSC_0039 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
$ 36.95
$ 9.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meeotch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-inserts-fogged-peeling-delaminated-with-uv-curing-resin?tu=meeotch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.