• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15615417974_6ebb91c153_z.jpg
16211944876_c7982753fe_z.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm having a slight issue with one of my DM ramps. The ramp on the right that leads to the Cryoclaw has a flasher sitting on the right side. It's held on by two of that look like machine screws that go through plastic risers to keep the wiring above the ramp. The problem is that there is a crack in the ramp at the hole where the screws go. It's keeping it from staying tight to the ramp, so the lamp shakes every time a ball goes up the ramp or the diverter moves position.

What's the best way to fix this issue?

On a side note, does anyone know if my DM uses metric or standard nut drivers? I really need to get a set of magnetic nut drivers and would love some suggestions.

15615417974_6ebb91c153_z.jpg15615417974_6ebb91c153_z.jpg

16211944876_c7982753fe_z.jpg16211944876_c7982753fe_z.jpg

#2 9 years ago

No idea if there is a fix outside of superglue, but interested to find out.

Bump and good luck to the OP,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#3 9 years ago

I have superglued a washer to the plastic that is the right size for the screw. This allows it to have a "new" hole to go through and adds support to the ramp.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I have superglued a washer to the plastic that is the right size for the screw. This allows it to have a "new" hole to go through and adds support to the ramp.

That's a really good idea. Does anyone know where I can get screws that are just a little longer than what is there now? I don't think the screw would have enough "bite" to grab anything if I were to add a washer. One of them almost seems to short already.

#7 9 years ago

You can probably bring it to Home Depot or Lowes and find something comparable.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That's a really good idea. Does anyone know where I can get screws that are just a little longer than what is there now? I don't think the screw would have enough "bite" to grab anything if I were to add a washer. One of them almost seems to short already.

it's probably an 8-32 screw. you can get 1/4 or 1/2 inch screws at Lowes, Home Depot etc... take the original with you.

I bought a box of 1" 8-32 screws and use the bolt cutter on my crimper to cut them to the length I need

#9 9 years ago

While I'm there, I'll pick up a set of magnetic nut drivers. I'm assuming that my game is standard and not metric?

#10 9 years ago

yes, a set of deep sockets helps with posts as well

#11 9 years ago

I would go with a clear plastic washer rather than metal. You could probably find one of those used to protect plastics that could be cut down to size.

#12 9 years ago

all WMS, DE, Sega, Bally,Stern games are standard and not metric. go with deep sockets so you can tighten down posts, magnetic you can get away with just 1/4".

-c

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

you can get 1/4 or 1/2 inch screws at Lowes, Home Depot etc... take the original with you.

I've done this before to replace other screws. The big box places tend to have a pretty good selection. (Overwhelming, really.) ...but there's always SOMEONE who knows those stacks of drawers that can help you out.

Good luck!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#15 9 years ago

+1 for Ambroid Pro-Weld.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-a-cracked-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.