(Topic ID: 12914)

Fixed one problem and another surfaces. Slam tilt resets on the Getaway.

By sixsixtie

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sixsixtie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I fixed my supercharger problem. First real fix. But my buddy had been playing with the board out for a while and he said he was getting random resets (it's stored at his place I get out a couple times a week). So when I got over there I fixed the SC. Fired up a few games. Everytime I'd get in the zone I'd get a slam tilt out of no where. I know for a fact I didnt actually slam tilt. I wasnt even nudging etc at the time. It'd just slam tilt. It seemed to me like it was always when it was in the pop bumpers.

Anyone have any ideas before I start running throught the pinwiki resets section?

#3 7 years ago

Oh shit forgot to mention. Unplugged the bottom cabinet slam tilt. Still slam tilts. The one on the coin door I bent so far apart its literally impossible to slam tilt. So definitely not either of the switches.

#5 7 years ago

Sorry. Just want to make sure so I can be extra focused next time I go out.
But I should go through and test all of these switches in single switch mode and if any of them activate two switches then that's the problem?

Untitled-1.jpg

#12 7 years ago

Ok so I was just on the phone with CDT. He was in the switch edges test and he says when he presses the top green it flashes Green/red before going to green/black. So that's definitely the problem. But he says that during game play you can press 51 all day and it won't slam tilt UNLESS lock is lit.

#13 7 years ago

Could this at all have to do with my up/down ramp too? Its always been going up and down when lock is activated. (lock being activated is the same precurser to the slam tilt reset)

A while back I noticed a real hodge podge diode on the up/down switch. I replaced the diode but it didn't fix the ramp problem and now Im questioning if I got the polarity right.

Could either of these issues be related?

#15 7 years ago

Yeah but thing is its never had the problem before so how can it all of a sudden be a switch wired wrong? And the only diode I've ever touched was on the up/down ramp.

#17 7 years ago

Yes I just replaced it to fix the supercharger problem I was having. SC now works fine. I havent been out to check the diodes on the other switches.

#19 7 years ago

Bit of an update. Got a chance to go out there today. I'm definitely going to have to have someone come in. In over my head just can't figure it out.

Basically the only thing I figured out for sure is that if the ramp is in the down position as soon as you press the top green it slam tilts. But the ramp HAS to be in the down position. I have no idea how or why it's related because it seems like it's in a different column on the matrix but it slam tilts 100% of the time when the ramp is down and top green is pressed and 0% of the time when the ramp is up.

Outside of that I'm basically lost.

#21 7 years ago

Nah didn't do that because the SC fix was above the playfield. The ramp doesn't trigger the reset. The top green does but only if the ramp is in the down position. Also diodes seem fine on the ramp and the top green.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 25.00
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynbrook, NY
$ 16.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside