• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210217_165432 (resized).jpg
20210215_193515 (resized).jpg
20210215_193908 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Incomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've just fitted a Shay Arcades repro glass to my Gtb King Pin.
It looks great, but the score reels don't line up vertically - see photo
I don't remember it being like this with the old glass, but it doesn't necessarily seem like something wrong with the glass as the dummy zero and the credit window look OK.

I took the back insert out to put the new glass in, but I've checked and it seems seated down as far as it can go.
I also checked the score reel cage, and it doesn't look like that is designed to be adjustable.

Is there way of adjusting the position of the score reels that I've not spotted?

Has anyone else encountered this, and how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance as always for any advice and comments
David

20210215_193515 (resized).jpg20210215_193515 (resized).jpg20210215_193908 (resized).jpg20210215_193908 (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago

horizontally they are fine, but its like the number cage is too high - the numbers should all look cleanly centred like the dummy zero, whereas those on the reels are a little too high (and the lamps lighting the score are not shaded by the black line as they should be- you shouldn't be able to see the top of the next numbers like that (photo taken from normal playing position)

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for the comments.
It was particularly helpful to know you had the same problem phergott

I've glued a cardboard strip below the glass and it is looking much better now - still not quite 100% but probably close enough to live with.
I took the opportunity to clean the score reels at the same time

20210217_165432 (resized).jpg20210217_165432 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Incomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fitting-replacement-backglass-advice-needed?tu=Incomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.