7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mrSATURN2012
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

007.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys,

Just out of curiousity (and desperation!), am I able to fight a regular-sized SS machine (no legs, backbox folded) into a Honda Civic (2006) or a Honda Accord (2004)? Seems like it would be a tight squeeze for sure...

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

I'm going to go with hell no for $200 Alex.

If you don't mind being "that guy" and you are desperate, you can install a hitch and get a lightweight trailer.

#3 7 years ago

Even with the seats folded down, huh? Wishful thinking...

#4 7 years ago

I thought the post said, fitting a Honda Civic in a pin...

#5 7 years ago

Have you seen a pinball machine before?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

Ok, ok, ok

Fine!

#7 7 years ago

just wait till vtec kicks in YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

+1 haha

Where do you think it would be a tight squeeze? When you cut the pinball in 4 pices to fit it in? Rent a truck from home depot for 20 bucks an hour.

#9 7 years ago

Maybe a Zizzle.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

BWHAHHAHAHA.....

If you took off Legs, Head, Playfield, and saw'd cabinet in half then you're good!

If it's close to you borrow/rent a truck.

If it's far from you then you can use this little tactic which is awesome:
    Find a storage unit place that gives you their moving truck for a day when you rent a unit from them

You rent one month of storage unit (50-100$) and you get to use their truck to go pick up your game with unlimited mileage!

(Shady but functional!)

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

just wait till vtec kicks in YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol.

Hee, hee, you're a funny guy!

Alright, now that I have been slammed, I will retire to the Internet. Thanks all for your brutal honesty! Seriously. And the Home Depot truck idea is not bad at all...

#12 7 years ago

I have moved a pin in a honda civic (2005) before.

Remove the head and put it in the trunk.

Get a large piece of foam or padding or movers blankets and put that on the roof then strap the body to the roof.

In a real pinch it works for shorter distances and if the weather is nice. If it's raining or snowing wrap and tarp the body.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

BWHAHHAHAHA.....
    If you took off Legs, Head, Playfield, and saw'd cabinet in half then you're good!
    If it's far from you then you can use this little tactic which is awesome:Find a storage unit place that gives you their moving truck for a day when you rent a unit from them
    You rent one month of storage unit (50-100$) and you get to use their truck to go pick up your game with unlimited mileage!
    (Shady but functional!)

Niiice...good to hear!

#14 7 years ago

Sure it will. Remove a few seats and cut the roof off the Honda. When you are done you can tell the misses you upgraded her to a convertible as a reward for you getting a pin.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

I have moved a pin in a honda civic (2005) before.
    Remove the head and put it in the trunk.
    Get a large piece of foam or padding or movers blankets and put that on the roof then strap the body to the roof.
    In a real pinch it works for shorter distances and if the weather is nice. If it's raining or snowing wrap and tarp the body.

Sounds like you more moved it "on" a Honda Civic than "in" a Honda Civic.

#16 7 years ago

Yeah, that's what happend. I didn't have access to another vehicle and I wasn't going far.

#17 7 years ago

However you can fit almost anything into a Honda Fit, which is smaller than both a Civic and an Accord.

#18 7 years ago

I can vouch for the Honda fit! I got a 2011! Deceptively large inside when you put the seats down...but its super tight! Forget any widebodies, My Embryon is simply too large in the back there! A standard size pin would work no problem! Just got to be careful when loading/unloading, can easily break something on the pin or car.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

My Embryon is simply too large in the back there!

Are you certain of that? I fit a Haunted House, both body and head, into my 2009 Fit.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

I can vouch for the Honda fit! I got a 2011! Deceptively large inside when you put the seats down...but its super tight! Forget any widebodies, My Embryon is simply too large in the back there! A standard size pin would work no problem! Just got to be careful when loading/unloading, can easily break something on the pin or car.

Curses, I have the wrong vehicles for the job...

#21 7 years ago

Curios, Pinwiz and Troz or other guys with Honda Fits need to seperate the head from the playfield to fit it or just folded down is enough?

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Troz:

Are you certain of that? I fit a Haunted House, both body and head, into my 2009 Fit.

I'm a 6.3" guy so I ride with the seats all the way back so I couldnt spare the leg room. Both haunted house and embryon pins are F$%$&ing heavy and wide, i didn't want to risk damaging my car, after measuring the inside, it could (reinterate COULD) fit but the difficulty to load/unload increases. Instead we took my buddies Honda Pilot to get my Embryon and I flipped for gas!

My fiance has a 2012 civic, and pfft no way, measuring tape says it would barly fit, but you need to close the doors and that takes inches off the sides. the trunk is too low to fit in there.

To the Fit's credit (I owned a 2008 and now a 2011) I can fit my bass guitar stack and a few powered monitors in there without breaking a sweat. Flipping amazing how much you can put back there, just not as easy with a big huge box such as a pinball.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

BWHAHHAHAHA.....
    If it's far from you then you can use this little tactic which is awesome:
    Find a storage unit place that gives you their moving truck for a day when you rent a unit from them
    (Shady but functional!)

Ooooh, that's clever, thanks for that intel.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Curios, Pinwiz and Troz or other guys with Honda Fits need to seperate the head from the playfield to fit it or just folded down is enough?

Yup, separate the head will help on headroom, but with a standard pin measurement wise folding it down will work fine. 2008 fits were the first gen in the states, and from 2009- present is the newer body style that has a few cubic feet more of interior space and different a-frame.

Honestly its better to separate the top box because where the headliner meets the hatback opening it curves down, so you lose about 3-4 inches I want to say of vertical room at the opening, but you get it back once its nside the car, again too difficult to load/unload without risking breaking, scratching, puncturing something. I love my Fit too much to have it damaged.

#25 7 years ago

STTNG is a widebody! Granted the vehicle in the pics is a 2007 or 2008, but I'd be surprised if it didn't fit in later models too.

http://www.weirpinball.com/gallery/index.php/Honda-Fit-pin-transport

// Error: Image 35169 not found //

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Hi guys,

Just out of curiousity (and desperation!), am I able to fight a regular-sized SS machine (no legs, backbox folded) into a Honda Civic (2006) or a Honda Accord (2004)? Seems like it would be a tight squeeze for sure...

Thanks!

Maybe if you have half in one car, half in the other...

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Maybe if you have half in one car, half in the other...

OK, got it NOW. The dead horse has been officially beat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.00
    $ 159.99
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 89.99
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    £ 32.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside