big-wheel-1.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 9.48.29 PM.png
WOZ.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 10.19.24 PM.png
z9u0-1432440021-38698-full.jpg
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 9 years ago

I am finishing up my 4th week of DDP Yoga. I started on beginnner level so there are small signs of results. Like most said that hardest part it just getting started. Now I am in the habit of getting up around 6 to excercise. Of course I fall asleep at 9:30 now.. ha.

#52 9 years ago

Calories in < calories out. Nothing else matters. If moderate exercise helps you burn the calories then even better. All these diet plans, supplements, high protein bars, eat 5 small meals a day, is all marketing BS. Eat less. Starve yourself. You don't need as much as you think. Your stomach will shrink and you won't be as hungry. Force yourself to work out with no food. Your body will adapt and thank you. Work out excessively and you'll be so hungry and you'll damage your body in the long run. Everything in moderation. Ask any doctor and this is what they will tell you.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

All these diet plans, supplements, high protein bars, eat 5 small meals a day, is all marketing BS.

If you want to build some muscle you need protein not eat less. Need FUEL!

Protein rules!!!!!

Just knocked out a 30 min TRX Fusion workout, time for weights!

#54 9 years ago

If you're totally out of shape I recommend figuring out what the gradual steps should be. I dig the approach of nerdfitness.com since, well, I'm a nerd.

Down 35 since changing my habits and workin' it! Need one of those shirts CF has lol.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

What beverage is in that 12oz curl?

Today it's water. Lots of water. Besides a cup of coffee in the morning I rarely have anything else before lunchtime. It is not good to drink water after meals, only before is what I have learned. Stay busy and keep the water flowing works for me. And eat less. Those meals out are the killer. They give you too much food, but I usually finish it off instead of bringing any home.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you want to build some muscle you need protein not eat less. Need FUEL!
Protein rules!!!!!
Just knocked out a 30 min TRX Fusion workout, time for weights!

A normal diet will give you more protein that most people use...but that's fine IF you are already at recommended weight and you subtract an equal amount of calories from your diet. Otherwise you will gain weight.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

A normal diet will give you more protein that most people use...but that's fine IF you are already at recommended weight and you subtract an equal amount of calories from your diet. Otherwise you will gain weight.

Yeah, I need about 150 grams of protein a day now, hard to get that from eating regular unless you have 3 large chicken breasts a day.

Ill stand behind the protein powder I use, love this stuff!

Weights done, woof, I was tired, better get a nap in soon so I can rock the Elliptical tonight!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Calories in < calories out. Nothing else matters. If moderate exercise helps you burn the calories then even better. All these diet plans, supplements, high protein bars, eat 5 small meals a day, is all marketing BS. Eat less. Starve yourself. You don't need as much as you think. Your stomach will shrink and you won't be as hungry. Force yourself to work out with no food. Your body will adapt and thank you. Work out excessively and you'll be so hungry and you'll damage your body in the long run. Everything in moderation. Ask any doctor and this is what they will tell you.

its like saying we get enough vitamins/minerals from the food we eat.... we dont need a multi vitamin. rubbish.

yes we do.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Sorry man, but if a doctor gave me the advice you listed above; I would IMMEDIATELY find a new doctor.

Starvation is NOT the answer. The trick is to ramping up your metabolism not bring it to a halt.

#60 9 years ago

Great thread, it's very inspirational to see what others are doing.

I am finishing my 5 year program with the final goal complete third week in May. It's been a very long road, one that I honestly can't believe I've remained healthy for throughout this time. When I first started, there were sessions that I honestly did not think it would end well. Still a few "requirements" left but it's more mind over matter at this point to ignore the pain and fatigue. I did break down and am using a preworkout drink (an amino mix called C4), and while I still feel a bit guilty, I doubt I could get through the final workouts which are 3 hours long without it.

My diet consists of meat, fruits, and vegetables with light does of dairy (eggs and yogurt). No wheat, no rice, no beans, etc. I eat like cow and feel and look better than I have in decades.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ill stand behind the protein powder I use, love this stuff!

I wish the powders didn't plug me up
image.jpgimage.jpg

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Great thread, it's very inspirational to see what others are doing.
I am finishing my 5 year program with the final goal complete third week in May. It's been a very long road, one that I honestly can't believe I've remained healthy for throughout this time. When I first started, there were sessions that I honestly did not think it would end well. Still a few "requirements" left but it's more mind over matter at this point to ignore the pain and fatigue. I did break down and am using a preworkout drink (an amino mix called C4), and while I still feel a bit guilty, I doubt I could get through the final workouts which are 3 hours long without it.
My diet consists of meat, fruits, and vegetables with light does of dairy (eggs and yogurt). No wheat, no rice, no beans, etc. I eat like cow and feel and look better than I have in decades.

C4 is my favorite pre-workout drink. And I started with EAS stuff waaaaaayyy back when.

#63 9 years ago

Elliptical done, struggled through 30 minutes for 314calories.....burnt out for the day. I did eat 158 grams of protein with only 1600 or so calories. Hope the scale treats me nice in the morning....just one glass of red wine tonight!

Here is a shirt on pic for those that have had their eyes devirginized....

IMG_0238.jpgIMG_0238.jpg

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

C4 is my favorite pre-workout drink. And I started with EAS stuff waaaaaayyy back when.

I can't believe how much it works. Honestly, I'm a bit nervous taking it because I'm thinking what the hell am I doing to my body.

I've only taken the single dose at a time. How you have you used it and have you ever had any ill effects?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Elliptical done, struggled through 30 minutes for 314calories.....burnt out for the day. I did eat 158 grams of protein with only 1600 or so calories. Hope the scale treats me nice in the morning....just one glass of red wine tonight!
Here is a shirt on pic for those that have had their eyes devirginized....
IMG_0238.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Flank I was thinking you should order a set of these "selfie shoes" they would make it easier to snap fitness pics
image.jpgimage.jpg

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Flank I was thinking you should order a set of these "selfie shoes" they would make it easier to snap fitness pics
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The heels need to be longer to truly show off my calves.

edit----make that 2 glasses of red wine

#67 9 years ago

60minutes of Zumba this morning! At least 400calories gone!

I was the only guy there.....

#68 9 years ago

I like Zumba. I wish it was filled with hot Latin or Brazilian bubble butts, but it's only soft, middle-aged women and the occasional GILF.

#69 9 years ago

This thread is pretty funny. Everybody's before and after (especially Chris's) looks like mine...but in reverse.

#70 9 years ago

Do it Badgers ! Go WI !

#71 9 years ago

Badgers struck down the giant last night, then Kentucky threw a nice N bomb in their press conference. Losers!!!!!

#72 9 years ago

Hey Centerflank,
I think this guy has you beat!

#73 9 years ago
#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey Centerflank,
I think this guy has you beat!
» YouTube video

I don't know what's worse: the guy trying to "workout" or the guy actually having the phone and using it at the gym. Love those people!

#75 9 years ago

Ran 10.3 miles today. Some walking involved. Hoping to do a half marathon first weekend in May.

#76 9 years ago

Been loading up on Synthol and getting great results!

synthol.jpgsynthol.jpg
#77 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Ran 10.3 miles today. Some walking involved. Hoping to do a half marathon first weekend in May.

Walked slowly to the refrigerator for a Guinness today. Hope to make it to the garage for another case of beer by May.

#78 9 years ago

I don't lift weights but I keep in shape doing this every other day.
It's 10 minutes from my home.

http://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/grouse-grind/

#79 9 years ago

time for me to hit the ellipticalightcycle

tron-guy-2.jpgtron-guy-2.jpg

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

time for me to hit the ellipticalightcycle
tron-guy-2.jpg

I KNEW you were that guy!!! Can't fool The Boob!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I KNEW you were that guy!!! Can't fool The Boob!

i'm the numero-uno-troniac

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I don't lift weights but I keep in shape doing this every other day.
It's 10 minutes from my home.
http://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/grouse-grind/

I did the grind while I was in vancouver to finish my distance gas A course two years ago , it's mofo , loved it !

#83 9 years ago

Ugh. I was on Block III of P90x3 until about a month ago I got hurt and laid up. Started back to Block I this morning and I thought I was going to die. It was like I've not been getting fairly regular exercise the last 30 years of my life, lol.

My point? So hard to make gains and so VERY, VERY easy to lose those gains.

Now if I can just stay healthy, motivated, and consistent again!

#84 9 years ago

Ugh. I was on Block III of P90x3 until about a month ago I got hurt and laid up. Started back to Block I this morning and I thought I was going to die. It was like I've not been getting fairly regular exercise the last 30 years of my life, lol.
My point? So hard to make gains and so VERY, VERY easy to lose those gains.

Yehp, it's amazing how quickly we lose it. I slowed down to about 30% of my normal running in December then down to 0% in January after the Flu and a cold back to back. Mid Feb I pulled some rib muscles and just started running again a couple weeks ago and it is still brutal. I am determined to still get this Half Marathon done in 4 weeks. It is tough though.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yehp, it's amazing how quickly we lose it. I slowed down to about 30% of my normal running in December then down to 0% in January after the Flu and a cold back to back. Mid Feb I pulled some rib muscles and just started running again a couple weeks ago and it is still brutal. I am determined to still get this Half Marathon done in 4 weeks. It is tough though.

Yeah, part of my issue is a pulled muscle...i think it is intercostal (rib) but it is in my right rhomboid area. getting better but still feels like a knife cutting me if I cough or sneeze. Had to do a band today instead of pull-ups because I could sense it getting ready to get tweaked again and I certainly don't want that.

#86 9 years ago

Yeah, part of my issue is a pulled muscle...

There's only one muscle I pull, and it's never an issue for me at all.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Been loading up on Synthol and getting great results!

synthol.jpg

massive Tri's dude

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I made it 4 days without soda this week. It is not much, but it is a start.

^ This, dude. Soda is evil in a can LOL... Mad calories for the long term, and bloated for the short term. I used to get a 52oz mountain dew and pickup an extra 2 liter bottle at the same time for refills. Evil. Haven't touched it in ~3 months now and actually don't miss it at all. Can still have a rockstar energy drink if I need to stay up late on a weekend or something, and at least it's only 260cal and one-and-done.

#89 9 years ago

All these new fitness/social apps help a ton with keeping you motivated by connecting you with other fitness people man. Strava, Fitocracy, Nike+, whatever you happen to be into. Just switched from Nike+ to Strava when I started cycling and man when I see my buddy go on a 54mi bike ride and I only got in a 43mi ride... I'm suddenly feeling pretty motivated to go out for another ride the next day and try harder Only down side was I had ~1250mi on Nike+ and it should have transferred over or something hehe

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

I like the results I get from C4, but I HATE the way it makes me feel, so I had to stop taking it. I get a burning sensation under my skin that feels like fire ants biting my skin. It's a bad itching sensation. Anyone else experience this with C4?

#91 9 years ago

More zumba this morning and then Hardcore, Oh I love Hardcore, rolling ab crunches are so painful!

Edit-----Weightlifting and more abs complete! Kapow!

#92 9 years ago

feel the b-u-r-nnnnn

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It is amazing how quickly we lose our endurence after a short break. It's like nature and time are pulling us back into the ground and never give up. We try and slow it down a bit, but if we get distracted for a second, they come back in ever greater force. Depressing really......

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

^ This, dude. Soda is evil in a can LOL... Mad calories for the long term, and bloated for the short term. I used to get a 52oz mountain dew and pickup an extra 2 liter bottle at the same time for refills. Evil. Haven't touched it in ~3 months now and actually don't miss it at all. Can still have a rockstar energy drink if I need to stay up late on a weekend or something, and at least it's only 260cal and one-and-done.

Those drinks are actually worse than soda. You need to stay away from any of those "energy" drinks. Even most fruit juice is loaded with sugar and fructose. There are billions driving that industry but I've ready studies that link those thigns to future epidemics of massive strokes.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I like the results I get from C4, but I HATE the way it makes me feel, so I had to stop taking it. I get a burning sensation under my skin that feels like fire ants biting my skin. It's a bad itching sensation. Anyone else experience this with C4?

It might be the geranium extract in there that gives you this feeling

I know the FDA slammed a lot of the products with removal of said ingredient, so the majority of these companies had to "reformulate" their product. I know USP Labs and Gasparri stuff fell victim to this.

#96 9 years ago

Just finished my first week or working out (in probably 4 years) and trying to eat healthier. Last Saturday I weighed in at 224.5 and this Saturday I'm 221.5! I went to the gym the past 6/7 days where I work out for about an hour an average. I would rotate between 30 minutes on the elliptical one day + weight training, then 45min-1 hour on the elliptical the next day.

I have a long way to go to reach my goal weight but I finally have the momentum I need to keep moving forward.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

More zumba this morning and then Hardcore, Oh I love Hardcore, rolling ab crunches are so painful!

I had the new and improved Centerflank wrapped around my head in a bizarre wrestling hold at 2 Am on Sunday morning. I can attest to the fact that his pictures aren't photoshopped like I originally suspected.

Although I really felt like I was about to get him up in the air over my shoulder before it was broken up by a humorless security guard.

#98 9 years ago

This weekend I moved the beer fridge a little further away so I have to walk farther. I'm starting to feel better every day!

#99 9 years ago

How about Captain Freedom's workout.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This weekend I moved the beer fridge a little further away so I have to walk farther. I'm starting to feel better every day!

That's a little excessive, dude. That's like joining the gym and going twice a day every day the very first week.

There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fitness-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.