Topic poll

“Fishtales or Demolition Man”

• Fishtales 56 votes
    64%
  • Demolition Man 31 votes
    36%

(87 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I have a chance to trade my nice Fishtales for a Demolition Man. I have never played DM so I can't say if I'd like it. My Fishtales is fun, but it might be fun to change it up. What do you all think?

#2 10 years ago

i say keep FishTales and also buy Demolition Man I personally love FishTales, but Demolition Man is also a great game. I'd own both if i had the room.

#3 10 years ago

I like DM more...good trade IMO

#4 10 years ago

Dunno about FT, never played one but I do know that DM is a great game. Great flow from shot to shot and plenty to shoot at.

#5 10 years ago

DM beats FT all day long.

#6 10 years ago

Plus new code is available, or soon to be, and you can get profanity ROMs for DM.

#7 10 years ago

I had fishtales and then foolishly traded it away. Such a great feeling game. The lack of depth never bothered be because its so addictive. DM just felt blah to me.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone. I like FT but I'm kind of leaning towards the trade... I need to further my pinball journey by playing and owning new machines!

#9 10 years ago

FT is my only PIN, this week, and I both love it and hate it at the same time, the lightning flippers kill me at times (I would only ever trade it for a nice T2 if I had to, my grail pin, but that's another story). I have a DM coming in the next week so will have the best of both worlds. I would say keep FT as it is a unique playing pin/style and I think in small collections like mine you would want a few styles of games, flow, shooter and stop/go etc if you can. Just IMHO

Post edited by lol_implied : Having both I couldn't vote in poll need more options

#10 10 years ago

FT is definitely ahead in the polls.

#11 10 years ago

I have owned a FT for 17yrs but have played a DM plenty of times. I won't be trading my FT for a DM anytime soon.

#12 10 years ago

If equal condition, FT is worth quite a bit more than a DM. Nice DM is about $2,200 or so. Nice FT can fetch $3K easy.

I'd personally keep the FT. Or if you want the DM, sell the FT, buy the DM and pocket the difference.

Cheers,
Duane

#13 10 years ago

Have had both for several years and both are keepers. Really like FT , but enjoy DM more.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

If equal condition, FT is worth quite a bit more than a DM. Nice DM is about $2,200 or so. Nice FT can fetch $3K easy.
I'd personally keep the FT. Or if you want the DM, sell the FT, buy the DM and pocket the difference.
Cheers,
Duane

I like this idea!!

#15 10 years ago

SURF AND TURF LOL!

#16 10 years ago

Fishtales is running away with it.

Do you all think FT for a RS is an even trade??

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

pretty even if similar condition. I like them both but VERY different game types and styles of play.

#18 10 years ago

These vs things always make me think of the true test of pitting them against each other - two ramps on either side, sloping towards the center, both released on pin dollies, and they collide. Maybe fix a sword to the side of each?

There can be only one victor.

#19 10 years ago

I run both of these titles still on my route and fish tales is the better earner by far. I like both games but if I had to make a choice it's demo man because of all the ramp shots.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

How about a torn down/ shopped Demo Man for a decent players condition Road show? That's the trade I'm doing, though I woulda done a players condition FT for my RS as well. I personally think they are all in the same ball park, DM is just a little undervalued in most price guides.

#22 10 years ago

IMO -DM is a good game which I like better then clunky RS. RS just feels very clunky to me.. FT is a great game too, probably just a little better than DM and RS..

#23 10 years ago

no coincidence that you own DM and RS but FT is on your wishlist I suppose

#24 10 years ago

DM over FT in a small collection, ive owned both

#25 10 years ago

If you like fishing, then it's FT. I don't care for DM.

#26 10 years ago

I don't fish but fishtales is goofy fun pin. I couldn't get past the theme on DM to even play it.

#27 10 years ago

I've never warmed up to DM. I've tried and tried, and yeah the ramps are pretty cool, but I just can't love it. So many much better games in that range to me with FT in my book being tons better.

#28 10 years ago

FT is worth a little more around in my area(Dallas).....maybe $500-700 more.

#29 10 years ago

Both fun games, but FT has a better ruleset. DM is just multiball modes...

#31 10 years ago

I had a FT and just recently sold it and bought a DM... for about $700 less. I like DM so far and am hopeful it will grow in me the longer that I have it, but as it stands right now... I like FT more and can see buying another down the line again sometime. FT super jackpot is just awesome and it has probably the best video mode in pinball. DM does have great combo possibilities though. I also owned RS for a while and would take both DM and FT over that game... the Indian taxi driver you have to listen to at the start of every game started to drive me crazy!... the twangy music was bearable compared to him

#32 10 years ago

apples and oranges............ red black or blue i will have the JW blue please!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 81.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fishtales-vs-demolition-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.