4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cathaldub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cathaldub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’m stumped on a couple of issues I’m having with my FT restore.
    The reel opto test always reads all optos are closed

When I start a game the ball auto launches
    A switch edge test looks good except one switch, The shooter lane switch(66) doesn’t register at all.
    The flipper opto boards resistors get burning hot even when the game isn’t credited.
    I’ve checked all coils and they all test OK

Oh and another one, the sound just randomly doesn’t work at all, this doesn’t look like a loose wire and power cycle always fixes the issue

Anyone any ideas?

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
    Shooter lane switch is really weird, switch works when tested with a meter, so does the diode, I’ve also traced the wires and there doesn’t appear to be any breaks, it’s not coming up as stuck so doesn’t make any sense that the ball should auto launch as soon as you start. Maybe there is a diode dead at the previous or next switch in the matrix ♂️

#4 4 years ago

Still stuck on this, shooter lane switch does nothing, traced wires and other switches in loop work, diode and switch both work too when tested with meter, catapult switch working fine and diode present and working too(other threads have mentioned this could be the issue)

#5 4 years ago

Resolved the shooter lane switch issue.
    Broken white/blue wire at the previous switch, this also fixed my auto launch issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cathaldub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fishtales-switch-and-reel-opto-issues?tu=Cathaldub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.