(Topic ID: 78874)

Fish Tales - Ball Drop Decals - (For Sale)

By Jean-Luc-Picard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

left.JPG
ft_1.jpg
IMG_2894.JPG
cut.jpg
g3.jpg
g1.jpg
g2.jpg
f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f3.jpg
ftmylar.jpg
ball drop.JPG
FT_Printing.jpg
b3.jpg
b1.jpg
b2.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

So when does the copyright based C&D come?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

So when does the copyright based C&D come?

lol say what? That won't apply in this case. For example, compared to alternate translites with logos and art, how would a decal without any logo, text or protected symbols be subject to C&D Copyright Infringement.

However, if I am mistaken. Please shed some light on how this sticker is subject to a C&D?

#53 9 years ago

If you need an experiment, I'll be the guinea pig. Shot you the payment today. just throw them in the mail and lets see what happens

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

If you need an experiment, I'll be the guinea pig. Shot you the payment today. just throw them in the mail and lets see what happens

I think it will make it. The "Do Not Bend" stamp means its hand held and not sent via a machine. But, I think them machines are just a bunch of rollers. So the cardboard that I include should make it stronger. Will find out tomorrow, if they still want $2.49 domestic I will be sending it without the "Do Not Bend". If anyones gets messed up let me know and I will send another one.

#55 9 years ago

I'm fairly sure the "do not bend" stamp guarantees your envelope will be bent somewhere in transit.

Very happy to get my decals today!

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm fairly sure the "do not bend" stamp guarantees your envelope will be bent somewhere in transit.

Very happy to get my decals today!

Woot! Glad you got yours. Let me know how it looks Anxious to find out if all FT's were printed exactly the same. In terms of registration/color etc.

Haha, sad but true. I have seen my post man do some pretty unthinkable things to my mail.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

lol say what? That won't apply in this case. For example, compared to alternate translites with logos and art, how would a decal without any logo, text or protected symbols be subject to C&D Copyright Infringement.
However, if I am mistaken. Please shed some light on how this sticker is subject to a C&D?

Not saying it should happen or even will, but the PF is covered, taking parts of it and selling is a technical violation, its not going to be considered fair use (if they chose to enforce it).

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Not saying it should happen or even will, but the PF is covered, taking parts of it and selling is a technical violation, its not going to be considered fair use (if they chose to enforce it).

True, at least I am only collecting a few bucks. Worst case I hand over the maybe $70 I collect from this. At least everyone gets to keep the stickers lol.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

True, at least I am only collecting a few bucks. Worst case I hand over the maybe $70 I collect from this. At least everyone gets to keep the stickers lol.

They are getting confiscated............quick send me like 300 more!

#60 9 years ago

lol, I've been waiting for you to show your Shadow art, I see you sneaking in a peek!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

They are getting confiscated............quick send me like 300 more!

haha, If you own 600 Fish Tales, you are amazing!

Quoted from Aurich:

lol, I've been waiting for you to show your Shadow art, I see you sneaking in a peek!

Ahh, them are my extras. They have been living under my plotter for months. The finished product is rather hard to show via camera. I designed it to use real shadows cast behind the backglass. Along with custom square speaker DMD panel. I have not gotten around to show and tell, I made it just for my own pin

#62 9 years ago

What is the best method for repairing the wear before the decal install?

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

What is the best method for repairing the wear before the decal install?

Polyester Glazing Putty - http://www.amazon.com/Eastwood-Contour-Polyester-Glazing-Finishing/dp/B00E63SOUA/ref=sr_1_2

It can be applied thick, or ultra thin and can be sanded, painted and decals stick to it. As well it bonds to everything and isn't brittle so it wont crack like normal wood filler. When you add the filler you wait for it to gel, then take a flat razor blade and slice off the top so it is flush with the playfield.

Another option, if you have minimal wear. For example my Bad Cats ball drop was mostly the paint. So, I used multiple layers of acrylic. In this case I clear coated it. You could hand brush some clear over the painted area.

Or the quick and dirty approach, since you have a backup and if you have very minimal damage and more of a crusty blemish. Just smooth it out with some fine paper and apply the sticker as is. The mylar will hold up for a very long time. You just don't want a hole under it or over time it will dimple your decal to the shape of the hole.

#64 9 years ago

lol, So my wife took everyones envelopes to a "new" post office this morning. She went to Chinatown in San Francisco and the lady stamped "Do Not Bend" on all 7 envelopes with no problems. I guess, when you want service from the United State Postal Service. Take it to Chinatown?

#65 9 years ago

Mine were delivered without any issues

#66 9 years ago

Mine arrived safe and sound in New Zealand yesterday, quick and easy, thanks again JLP.

#67 9 years ago

Mine got here and everything is fine. Please thank your wife for all her hard work and patients with you crazy hobby.

#68 9 years ago

got mine today. they look great!!!!!! joe

1 week later
#69 9 years ago

Just finishing up with a much needed topside cleaning. Decals are installed - definitely an improvement!

left.JPGleft.JPG
#70 9 years ago

got mine awhile ago no problems thanks nice fix until CPR comes out with new pf

1 month later
#71 9 years ago

Awesome, glad everyone got the decals. I have some left, but very few.

It's odd that I did not have new post activity for this thread so I never opened it to notice these posts. Sorry that I did not respond sooner.

2 months later
#72 9 years ago

hey there man just checking if i couple get couple Ball Drop Decals also be keen get couple chrome decal bumper for t2 also can you make some for demolition man?

#73 9 years ago

Big miss on my part for not commenting on these sooner. These Fish Tales lane decals are outstanding! First rate quality and just a very good seller! Great follow-up by seller to ensure I was completely happy with purchase!!!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Big miss on my part for not commenting on these sooner. These Fish Tales lane decals are outstanding! First rate quality and just a very good seller! Great follow-up by seller to ensure I was completely happy with purchase!!!

Thanks for the kind words As for others who are in need of them I have very few left. Prices are now the standard decal price in comparison to the chrome decals. As well sold individually. No more packs as the inventory is almost depleted.

Quoted from kimzone:

hey there man just checking if i couple get couple Ball Drop Decals also be keen get couple chrome decal bumper for t2 also can you make some for Demolition Man?

I just added Demolition Man, and will be on the store sometime today.

http://www.jean-luc-picard.com

#75 9 years ago

Just sent an order/payment. Great product, thanks for doing them up!

#76 9 years ago

These decals look great on my FT, hides all the wear.

Do you have plans to make these for other pins?

If you could do The Shadow you would be my hero!

The right drop area is especially prone as the ball is delivered here on every plunge...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 169.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fishtales-requesting-image/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.