Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoshootme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

it's been a while!
anyhow, when the ball goes into the fish house it no longer gets sent to the reel. the coil tests ok in that when I press it in coil test mode it pops. the switch is active when I press it during the switch edge test.(#47) and the drop target works fine.
when it stays in the hole and the machine tries to set off everything like when a ball is stuck, it does eventually pop to the reel.
is that activated by an opt also?
any help would be appreciated. thanks, rich

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Put the game in switch edge test and use a ball not your finger and see if that switch registers on the screen.That switch might need to be adjusted.Use a ball ok.report back

will do and report back! (on the 10th of dec).....thanks!

2 weeks later
#5 4 years ago

hey Mike, I ran a ball thru the fish house during switch edge and there was no activation. I am confused as to how the pop up works tho. is there an opto switch I am not seeing? I bought a switch leaf switch "Y" activator but I guess it was the wrong switch?? (SW-1A-167, A-11658-1)The solenoid tests good.
so anyhow, if I run the ball into the fish house and there is no sound indicating any switch activation I am assuming i need a new switch? but which one? I only see a solenoid that would hit the ball popper. what am i missing? thanks Mike!

#6 4 years ago

never mind! found the broken "Y" in the box! replacing the switch and all should be good!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Ok,is everything working now?

soldering as we speak! will let you know. thanks again.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

It's a switch in the shape of a Y or U that goes right on top of that coil that kicks the ball into the reel

well I guess I did a poor solder job. the switch works and the ball pops up and to the reel but the entire machine isnt working properly. that is, when it goes in the hole and shoots over it doesn't lock, the reel keeps going etc and sometimes it even starts a multiball etc. bad soldering? connecting only one green wire or something like that? my hands don't work like they used to and its difficult for me....maybe just try to re-solder? could all these problems be from just that...a bad solder? ugh

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

The switch on the wireform just before the reel may be flaky if it pops up and goes to the reel but the reel keeps spinning. Just replaced that one due to the same issue and now it works fine.

thanks. just strange that it all worked prior to me "fixing" the pop up switch in the fish house.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Ha! He’s too busy playing and forgot to post back.

my machines are in the ADirondacks at my vacation home. I go back and forth and was waiting for the switch

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Did the new fork switch come with a diode ? If not it needs one .And if it did ,is it backwards?

i used the diode from the old one and it is in the right direction. thanks for your response. if i did a poor job soldering (say only one of the wires is connected instead of two??) would it make that part of the game do crazy things like I described?

Quoted from pinmike:

Ok there are optos on the reel do they register in switch menu test?

I will check but everything was working but the popper prior to my solder job.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Yes it is possible that can happen,Just solder on the switch and wires,diodes back the exact way they were.Make sure the diode(banded side) is in the right direction

thank you. will give it a go.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Most likely not , if one wire was not making a connection the switch wouldn’t register. Sounds as though you have something interfering with a column or row in the switch matrix , making the game think the locks in the reel are full . Any solder drips ? I would start with wire colors . Any switch that has the same color wires as the fork switch could be suspect . If nothing obvious there then those wires will lead you back to the board and good spot to start looking there .

thanks. will take a look

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

thank you. will give it a go.

up and running. bad soldering job. just took everything off and re did it and its fine. (been awhile )....thanks for your help mike.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoshootme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fishtales-pop-up-doesnt-pop-up-to-put-ball-to-reel?tu=yoshootme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.