Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by waldo34
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 days ago

Found a Fishtails with issues, broken plastics, dirty, and solenoid's not firing. Seller says it's been years since he used it. Plus side, playfiled looks solid and cabinet has little fade. No mods, what's the value assuming no battery damage.

#2 14 days ago

It'll probably clean up nice. The two most common issues with FishTales are the playfield inserts for the fish looking like crap (chipped, raised, etc) and cabinet fade. So being good in both those departments is a huge plus.

As long as the boards in the backbox haven't been hacked to death (and no battery damage), if you can get it for $2k, you're doing well. Even better if it has the original topper.

#3 14 days ago

Sounds like the one I inquired about on Facebook was listed at $500 before the seller got bombarded and did some research. Didn’t see it listed again but he was thinking $1600 before he took it down. Dirty is easy to fix. That other stuff, maybe, maybe not.

#4 14 days ago

Little cabinet fade is a huge plus for Fish Tails. There’s a lot of value right there. Most have cabinet fade.

#5 14 days ago

Thanks for the quick feedback, seller had listed it for $1,300 pulled it back with the flood of emails. Now thinks he has gold. I have been emailing him. Seems he likes me. Enough asked if I would look at it and give him a fair review. I told him based on 3 pictures and his description $2,500 max as listed issues could add up. I thinks it's pretty fair without seeing in person.

#6 14 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

Sounds like the one I inquired about on Facebook was listed at $500 before the seller got bombarded and did some research. Didn’t see it listed again but he was thinking $1600 before he took it down. Dirty is easy to fix. That other stuff, maybe, maybe not.

I saw the $500 one, guessing some lucky person brought that home.

#7 14 days ago

I just recently sold a fully working fish tales for $2400 faded cab without topper.

#8 14 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

I just recently sold a fully working fish tales for $2400 faded cab without topper.

Thanks, that helps. I am thinking $2,400 based on unknown. Honestly really worried about the playfield and inserts.

#9 14 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Thanks, that helps. I am thinking $2,400 based on unknown. Honestly really worried about the playfield and inserts.

Board set, decals, plastics.
Beware, it ads up fast.

#10 14 days ago

if he listed it for $1300 and now wants gold, walk away. Clown alert!

#11 14 days ago

Did you get a chance to look at the board? Besides battery damage look for burned pins. This game has too many backbox lights and unless they never used it or it was fixed in the past they are pretty much guaranteed to be burned.

#12 14 days ago

Thanks for the feedback. Hoping to see it Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

#13 12 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

why would you be worried about the playfield?? didn't you state that playfield looked solid in your first post??

#14 12 days ago

If it boots, the stringer is good, and complete, then your offer is fair and a good get

#15 12 days ago

Agree that big things are pf insert wear and cab fade. Those two things largely dictate price in the end. Even if it has a little insert wear and faded cab, it still might be a great deal at $2400 if boards clean and less than $600 in parts needed. If there is a ton of insert wear and larger other issues, I would go $2000 max.

#16 11 days ago

Seller is suddenly blowing me off. Suspecting someone else might be purchasing this one.

#17 11 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Seller is suddenly blowing me off

Well, that's gotta be worth something...

#18 11 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Seller is suddenly blowing me off. Suspecting someone else might be purchasing this one.

There are better deals yet to find, then. If he wants more than $2400 in its current condition, too risky. But another reason to meet and drop cash as soon as possible when deals pop up. Time is the enemy.

#19 11 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

That is unfortunate though....

#20 10 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

That is unfortunate though....

When a deal pops up you gotta pounce, can't give owners time to reconsider or turn into an auction

#21 10 days ago

Not happy about this one, confirmed it's sold. To a friend he said was the short message from seller.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Chatham, MA
$ 28.00
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Lafayette, IN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside