• Latest reply 10 years ago by ManiacMama
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tanked_Pinball2.jpg
tanked.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiveSixPyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

This makes me sick. Fishtanks suck. People have no idea. Trying to replicate stable natural environments is a science. They're not pets. Yes I had love for my fish but it's crap like this that pisses me off.

I am not the Fish police but people really have no idea what it is to actually keep fish happy. It's a science that needs to be done right or you become a mad scientist hurting the things you are trying to care for.

To someone who loves fish this is like putting doberman in a cat's crate.
I used to take great pride in my Fish tanks. I decided to take them down because I just couldn't take the anxiety of another sandy and couldn't afford a weeklong backup or get a permit for a Natural gas generator. I fed my babies treats of live brine through a pipette after I soaked them with vitamins. Kept my salinity and temperature locked. I mean I never went to college and the chemistry I now know is insane. From the Amazonian Cichlids to the Malawi and all marine life. Crap I even got up late at night with flashlight to watch my copepods swim around. Had stoney corals growing above the water they were so happy. END RANT>

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

That being said.....admitted troll, I had clicked on this thread to say its probably not good for the fish to be spooked by the loud noise of a pinball. Couldn't help myself tho, how preachy is this dude.

Not preachy, experienced. Fish are smart and they deserve decent husbandry. I like that. That's why I say fish tanks suck. Aquariums are nice. If you know how to properly care for your animals and have contingency plans for emergencies that's fine. Novelty fish tanks get me going. What kind of tank do you have? Not going to try bait you just wondering why you think 320L is any point? Are you trying to say yours is bigger? It's just inhumane. When done correct I think it's amazing and I know tons of people who do just that. But it's a lifestyle not a pet.

#30 10 years ago

Ty for relieving the tension Off to an underground dinner with dolphin sashimi

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiveSixPyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tank-built-out-of-a-working-pinball-machine?tu=FiveSixPyro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.