(Topic ID: 204987)

Fish Tales Wiring Harness Hackery HELP :)

By Soulrider911

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Soulrider911
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6745013F-5FCD-4F66-A077-90BE7973C384 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I'm in the process of restoring a Fish Tales pinball machine. I noticed some wiring harness grounding hackery. There is a wire that has been run from one of the ball trough switches all the way to the harness and then spliced into a to a ground point on the cabinet where the plumb bob is.

From what I can tell His green wire splices into the green / purple striped wire off the main harness.

I would love some help on this. Can I remove this hackery?? I'm concerned it a hack to solve some larger problem that was not solved correctly.

#2 1 year ago

I tried to draw a simple example

6745013F-5FCD-4F66-A077-90BE7973C384 (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago

That's really weird. The effect of that should be that green/purple is always on. It may be that switch is broken, and the game wouldn't start because it thought a ball was missing. That's my best guess. I bet if you cut the yellow red wire, the switch will stop registering, and the game will refuse to start. You should check the diode and the switch to make sure they're operating correctly.

#4 1 year ago

Great Point cadillacmusic I bet your right. so hacky lol, just amazed when I found this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside