Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Fish Tales 26 votes
    38%
  • The Shadow 42 votes
    62%

(Multiple choice - 68 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Just wanted to know what everyone thought on this. Just for fun. I know they are two completely different players.. TS being in depth and serious, while FT is a blast to play and difficult. Which would you pinsiders prefer? I know it's just a preference thing, but let's see anyways. And let me know why.

Oh and vote! I put a poll up.

#2 4 years ago

Shadow for me, I don't miss FT.

Dan

#3 4 years ago

TS is just as difficult...if not more so..than FT.

I'd take TS over FT.

#4 4 years ago

I would say fish tales because of fun factor and because it can hard to beat.

#5 4 years ago

The only thing that FT has on TS is more humor. I really like FT but they are in separate leagues in terms of depth. FT for what it has should be like a 2k or less game.

#6 4 years ago

I have a love/hate for TS. The lock is pretty cool and always love Vengeance too. FT has a few cool things too, but TS for me.

#7 4 years ago

I like the shots on Shadow more than FT.

#8 4 years ago

Both feel fast. TS is the harder game. FT is more relaxed and has the better video mode. TS is ugly and FT has the country aspect which some find off putting.

Both are great games.

#9 4 years ago

Have owned both. TS is way better.

#11 4 years ago

Own both. Both aren't leaving, but FT is my all time favorite game to play. I am just an average player. Maybe a tournament player would prefer Shadow, for its harder shots.

#12 4 years ago

Have both too...I think I'd rather keep FT.

#13 4 years ago

I've owned both... Shadow went out years ago. FT is still here. my .02 worth

#14 4 years ago

I like FT, but TS is something special. Not even close for me.

#15 4 years ago

The answer will generally depend on which machine the respondent has in his/her collection. On that note, I love shadow.

#16 4 years ago

Both are great pins(in very different ways)especially for under 3k and will have both some day

#17 4 years ago

The Shadow for me, what a great pin.

#18 4 years ago

Played both, own or owned neither, and like both games.

If I could add only one of these two pins to my collection, I would choose FT over TS.

#19 4 years ago

Both are good pins.
I would take FT over TS.
FT is lot of fun, cheap, there are a lot of spare parts around and it is very easy to fix.
In case you get bored you can sell it cheap again at no loss (most likely) and move to something else

#20 4 years ago

Buy the shadow first, play it to death, sell it for FT which you'll keep. Seems most people keep Fish Tales long term, while Shadow seems to burn strong then burn out.

#21 4 years ago

I've owned both, and for depth and cool gadgets shadow by a land slide.... BUT Fish Tales is the one I miss, it's got the Mark Ritchie touch; a subtle thing where all the right pinball bits fit in all the right places. Soon as I have some cash to burn I'm on the hunt for another one.

#22 4 years ago

TS is much more difficult, and deeper. FT is fun, but you get to learn how to avoid the drains. FT is quite simple as well. TS... at least on mine, you're f'ed in less than 15 seconds most balls.

I have both.

#23 4 years ago

The Shadow for me.

#24 4 years ago

Shadow hands down!!

#25 4 years ago

I really enjoy playing Fish Tales, but if I were to play one or the other I'd pick the Shadow. It wins out in terms of variety and depth, and is lots of fun to shoot and play.

#26 4 years ago

Pretty Even, going back and forth, with Game play in Shadow giving it a lead.
Having had both, (FT is gone now, but I wish it wasnt), Id put some notice into music and theme.
Sometimes, that can have a huge affect in getting "into a game long term"
Fun....Fishtales by a nose
Depth...Shadow by a length

Gameplay...so different.....

#27 4 years ago

For me, The Shadow all the way. When I get to the Final Battle, I know I've played a good game.

#28 4 years ago

Shadow is much more difficult. Super modes and hard game to progress through. The game itself is a little dark-themed, which was a turn off for me. Amazing gameplay though.

FT is more slap stick and humorous. Will attract non-pinheads too. Fun game without having to do a lot of brain work.

#29 4 years ago

Advanced players: Shadow

Casual players: Fish Tales

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 26.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 11.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside