Linked Games

Topic poll

“FT vs Getaway”

• Fish Tales 72 votes
    61%
  • The Getaway: High Speed II 46 votes
    39%

(118 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 8 years ago

Few shots in pinball feel as satisfying and just plain amazing as the 100 mil super in ft. It's a hard setup and a long road but the payoff is soooooo good. Ft is a players game wrapped up in a pretty package. I've owned two of them, my first I really didn't like as I didn't have the chops for it yet. Now it's one of my top pins of all time, the replay ability is just awesome. As a similar comparison I've also owned two bsd's. Absolutely loved them as well but as far as the entire package, ft is it baby. Both very tough games, but here's the difference,

Ft smiles at you with a little smirk as the ball drains....

Bsd flips you off and laughs...

Sorry I know you are talking hs2, but I just felt compelled to make the comparison to the two..

Hs2 is pinball. The theme is fun, a great game for the novice, and just a overall good time. SR knows how to make a shot just feel good and sometimes that's all you need. I respect these types of games more and more. The ability to pull in a player that never has heard of pinball is a testament of great design and has stood the test of time.

I route both of these games and they are side by side. Both represent the era very well and are amazing in their own rights. I've been foolish and let both go the first time. They are bolted to the floor now, and if it matters ft and t2 would be two games I'd be buried in.....sttng may be there as well, but time will tell. Man I love that Ritchie family. Get both!

#52 8 years ago

Indy what do you think of the superbands? I have pretty much gone back to rubber. Still like the cliffs post sleeves, but man the flippers just feel dead at least to me with the poly stuff. That being said, I've played some different brands? Or different runs of the poly bands that have felt better than others...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-vs-getaway?tu=doublestack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.