• 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Metzu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

what its your Pick and why?

#2 6 years ago

I can't think of any aspect of BOP that is better than Fish Tales. I say fish tales and it's not close.

#3 6 years ago

FT 100 percent - imho, better all around pin that just seems more fun.

Edit: and it has a fish topper!!

#4 6 years ago

Fish Tales by a big margin

#5 6 years ago

The music on FT is like a large, sharp cheese grater being rubbed on my ears.

BOP is a fun game but gets easy. It's still a great classic anyway.

#6 6 years ago

FT for the win! BOP is a great game, but If I had to choose its FT. I play mine daily and never get sick of it. Just trying getting to super jackpot is a feat in itself. Hardest multiball I've ever played. Get a color DMD and it's the cats meow!

#7 6 years ago

Very, very different games and this is a chocolate vs. vanilla debate. I own BoP and it will never leave. Why? It was the game that got me into pinball as a kid. The stock rules are very shallow with a major exploit for players (shoot left ramp), but it has a great and well integrated theme. FT is a players game. Fun, hard, and punishing. I think the theme is very well done, but it is no contest for me to choose between fishing with old white guys or building a futuristic robot woman. Add BoP 2.0 into the mix, and BoP blows FT out of the water (pun intended) by a very large margin. Of course, I hope to get a FT into my collection at some point, but I don't think it would ever be a keeper.

#8 6 years ago

Even with 2.0, I wouldn't say it blows FT out of the water. BOP is a cool concept and fun to shoot around a few game on, but if we're talking production coded games only, FT definitely destroys BOP.

FT has a few different ways to play, as it keeps track of how many fish you caught/how many tales you told. Not an easy thing to do either, catching fish. The Super Jackpot is one of the most satisfying in pinball imho, and when you get the game whipping around, it's brutally quick. Lots of risk vs reward shots in FT, and the potential to ''string'' everything together for an epic game is what keeps you pushing start over and over again.

#9 6 years ago

FT by a long cast..... (couldn't help myself)

#10 6 years ago

Ft is a excellent pin especially for the money

#11 6 years ago

FT, its not even close...

#12 6 years ago

I would choose FT even though I don't care for the theme. My wife really wants a BoP though, so if I can find a nice one of those for a decent price, I will get that instead. The 2.0 kit seems to have dried up the stock of originals though.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can't think of any aspect of BOP that is better than Fish Tales. I say fish tales and it's not close.

Maybe audio, but I like FT audio just fine. But yeah this was is an easy win for FT.

#14 6 years ago

Fish Tales. Hated it at first and now i love it. BOP is he same shot over and over.

#15 6 years ago

Just get both.. Both are very interesting and unique games..

#16 6 years ago

FT. BOP is fun to play for about 30 minutes. It's an awful home game as the ruleset is just terrible. Ever wonder why BOP2.0 exists and why didn't pick something else?

#17 6 years ago

Bride wins on theme, art and sound, but Fish Tales is a MUCH better game.

#18 6 years ago

Fish tales is the better game.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I enjoy putting my balls in her mouth.

That being said FT is better buy

#20 6 years ago

wow, i guess you guys know your pins!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 9.95
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-vs-bride-of-pinbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.