(Topic ID: 224057)

Fish Tales: Two Balls in Shooter Lane issue

By Allentrack86

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone, first time posting here . I recently bought and amazingly partially restored fish tales in pieces. Took half my day today to put everything back together (re installing play field, connecting all the wires, installing new speakers, topper, etc.)

At the beginning of every turn, it will spit two balls into the shooter lane and without me pressing the launch button, will send the balls into play. Once the first ball drains, it does a ball save and puts another back into play. One another ball goes back down, it ends the turn gradually and the other ball drains once the flippers aren't responding and the dmd is showing my score for the round.

At the beginning of the second ball, same exact thing everything, even with more than one player.

I'm new here but I'm guessing is a sensor or something up inside the ball launch handle.

Any thoughts?

Video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo4b9mg37luupso/FishTales.mov?dl=0

#2 5 years ago

First thing I'd check is if the arm that kicks the ball to the shooter lane is anywhere near close to the last switch in the ball trough. If so, if it hits that switch will give you extra balls.

Right number of balls in the game ? Shooter lane switch working, staying closed when a ball is on it ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First thing I'd check is if the arm that kicks the ball to the shooter lane is anywhere near close to the last switch in the ball trough. If so, if it hits that switch will give you extra balls.
Right number of balls in the game ? Shooter lane switch working, staying closed when a ball is on it ?
LTG : )

I apologize for the delay. My amateur pinball experience was able to figure out the issue. I had one to many balls in the trough. Once I put 3 instead of 4, all the issues were resolved.

I did turn it back on yesterday to play an found 6 new switch error credits, I went through the test and they all responded open and closed. I rebooted it and a set of 5 other errors came up. After removing the extra ball and playing a few games, this morning there are two credit dots on two other switches, I'm hoping it's just a lose cable under the play field etc.

Thanks for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-two-balls-in-shooter-lane-issue?hl=allentrack86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.