• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi All

Couple questions on this new game I picked up. First, the right lower slingshot is firing when the ball does not come in contact with the slingshot. I took a quick look at the two switches and they do not appear to be so close that vibration could be causing this. Possible I suppose but wondering if anything else could be the culprit

Second, what is the trick to raising the playfield so that it will stay upright. Not used to not having a prop rid

Thanks guys. I am grateful for your help
George

#2 9 years ago

Pull the playfield towards you until you here a click and then you can raise it and lean it on back box.
Rubber on slingshot may be to small (tight).

#3 9 years ago

Take balls out and pull playfield forward to lock and then up and lean back.

Switch edge test - are the sling shot switches registering there ? Check that they are adjusted right, and nothing shorting the wiring to them or across the fiberboard spacers.

LTG : )™

#4 9 years ago

Very easy to replace the switch. About $7 and a little soldering. I would do that.

#5 9 years ago

Replace the switch ?? Its rare that you have a switch thats shorted that cant be fixed with a gap adjustment. go into switch test, and pull the rubber out with your finger, then manually close each slingshot switch. See if they register. Also take note on what the DMD matrix illustration is telling you, are they closed when you can clearly see that they are psychically open ?

#6 9 years ago

raising the palyfield all the way up against backbox does not allow for you to get to both sides easy.
I keep about a 3 foot stick inside so that its in the middle. This way i can work on front and back of playfield.
the slingshot just put game in switch test edge and check you have on that is too close. I like to keep mine real close so that they are sensitive.

#7 9 years ago

THANKS AS ALWAYS FELLAS. YOURE THE BEST!!

G

#8 9 years ago

Hi Fellas

Just wanted to report back. I have found that I have a bad test switch bank as I cannot adjust volume down nor can I escape out of test mode when I depress the escape button. I am hoping that this is just a gummed up switch issue as where these are located they appear to have a propensity to et boogered up by spilled drinks. The game is not indicating any error codes and the rubber is no where near clapping the switch contacts. I have started a game and then tapped the playfield around the right slingshot and it does not fire. I am under the impression that the only way that solenoid will fire is if one of those switches close which if I am correct leads me to think that one or both may be faulty and shorting.

As always guys, your input is greatly appreciated

G

#9 9 years ago

Broken diode on the slingshot coil?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

I have found that I have a bad test switch bank as I cannot adjust volume down nor can I escape out of test mode when I depress the escape button.

Check the CPU for battery damage, check the back of the switches to be sure they aren't shorted to metal. Then broken wires from them to CPU.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Broken diode on the slingshot coil?

Hey cat,

Sorry no diode on the actual coil only on the one switch and that one is intact.

Thank you

G

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the CPU for battery damage, check the back of the switches to be sure they aren't shorted to metal. Then broken wires from them to CPU.

No battery damage here. All good on that front thankfully.

G

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-tech-help-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.