You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender-242.jpg
FullSizeRender_3.jpg
FullSizeRender_2.jpg
screenshot.71.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cincyitguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

All,

I need to replace switch #62 and it doesn't seem to be available. Best thing I can find is http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-62 . Won't work as is, but there seems to be enough wire that I could potentially bend the 1/2" or whatever it is to make it work. I have searched and can't find a solution. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron

#4 9 years ago

Thanks. Just bought a few switches. I'll make one of them work.

-Aaron

#6 9 years ago

Thought about the 'swap' Out-West, just didn't know if it would work. Never tried to remove a wire before. Will try that first!

Thanks.

#9 9 years ago

OK, I have replaced the switch, and I still am not able to close the switch. I have tried borrowing the hot(?) (green) from another nearby switch, and I'm still not able to close #62 in test mode. This is my first attempt at anything other than replacing a switch, so I'm not really sure what to do next. Is the next step to follow the two yellows to make sure that they are both soundly terminated? Any other tests I should be doing?

Thanks,
Aaron

#12 9 years ago

Switch doesn't work during gameplay or in test mode. I first noticed because I can't advance the captive ball reward. On another note, I have since realized that the gate in the top loop does not open. I don't know if the captive ball advance requires both the left and right top loop switches or if just the top right switch advances?

I did solder a new diode on the switch, and have tried two new switches (same new diode on both switches as I only bought 1)

I have not noticed any other switches that are not working.

As for actuator adjustment, I have removed the switch from the playfield and depressed it completely.

Will check wires for breaks, and any other advice or thoughts are appreciated. I don't yet understand the switch matrix and how all of these things work together yet, so I'm at a big troubleshooting disadvantage

Thanks again,
Aaron

#17 9 years ago

Will try all the above and report back after doing family activities. Thanks so much.

-Aaron

#18 9 years ago

OK, all other switches in column and row other than coin door test good (open and was able to close).
I did the alligator clip jumper, and switch stayed open.
Attached is a pic of the switch (I've only had it 2 weeks and haven't cleaned yet, so don't judge my dirty, yet brand new switch (and i'm working on better soldering...) I've also attached 2 pics of the DMD. One with the switch open, and one with it closed. Never changes to closed, but the DMD changes (two additional blocks top left). I have no idea what it means or what to do with the information, but it definitely changes when I depress the switch wire.

Thanks,
Aaron

FullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpg FullSizeRender_3.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpg FullSizeRender-242.jpgFullSizeRender-242.jpg
#19 9 years ago

Also the gate is opened via an actuator. Doesn't fire in test mode. Will check soldering and will try to source a replacement if I can't get it to fire.

#20 9 years ago

edit the last post, there is a coil as part of the actuator assembly. Is there a way to test the coil?

#23 9 years ago

just edited and added the pics. First pic is when I close the switch. Second is when it is open.

Thanks

#27 9 years ago

cat, that's the way it was when I got it. Two wires soldered to one pole, and the diode between pole 1 and 3 with green on pole 2. Right or not I have no idea. I just assumed the switch was bad and made it up the same way. Just looked again, and 2 wires on 1 pole and only diode on opposite pole is how all the switches are wired.

#28 9 years ago

Three terminal switch. Green plug on middle terminal. Tried many times for a good pic. Was the best I got...

#30 9 years ago

Bad diode! Well, that and some screw ups on my part that will go unmentioned. Gate actuator/coil is still bad, so no captive ball advance yet. Will just order a new one, not worth messing with it.

Thanks a ton, I learned a lot from this thread and hopefully I won't have to bug anyone again with this kind of issue.

Thanks again,
Aaron

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cincyitguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-switch-62-top-right-loop?tu=cincyitguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.