So, I have a Fish Tales. Had the power driver board completely repaired about a month ago during a very long shop out/repair process. Bought a brand new Rottendog CPU at that time as well. Game has worked flawlessly since it was put back together and I love it. Was gonna be a quick flip but I won't be letting this one go anytime soon. Just too much fun to play. I developed a new issue with it a couple days ago, so wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion.
Both of my solenoids for my slings just stopped working. Every other element of the game works flawlessly. Here is what I can tell you:
1. During play, both sling switches work when made, as the associated sounds are made. Solenoid coils do not fire during gameplay.
2. Both switches work correctly in test mode.
3. Both sling solenoids fail to fire in test mode. All other solenoids in the game fire in test mode.
3. Connector J-130 on the power driver board has been pulled and re-seated. No sign of scorching on that connector.
4. I am of course assuming fuse is good, as there are other things on that fuse and all are working correctly.
Is my next move to check both transistors (Q64 and Q76) on the Power Driver Board?
Tim in Motown