• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
8F93827B-3CA2-4710-8A23-9CF49FF0E3EB (resized).jpeg
5F0086A0-BABD-464F-B40F-165E72E8BB80 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I can't seem to get my reel working correctly. It will work fine in test mode for a while and then it sounds like its struggling and the motor will move slower. Nothing is impeding the wheel from spinning. If I remove the motor from the gear box the gear on the motor spins freely and the gears spin in the gear box. When playing a game it works properly at times but will then just spit out balls from the reel in the middle of a game. Any suggestions? Do you guys think I just need a new motor?

#4 2 years ago

I am using the correct belt. I posted this on the casters club as well and somebody else said it may be the board underneath the playfield. They are only about $40 so I will probably give that a try. Thanks

#6 2 years ago

I Purchased the board and installed it today and I am still having the same issues. I got it from Marco and it does not look like the same board. They sold two different ones so I Purchased the one that looks like the one I had but it appears as though they sent me the other one that says EMI board without brake. Would this make a difference?

5F0086A0-BABD-464F-B40F-165E72E8BB80 (resized).jpeg5F0086A0-BABD-464F-B40F-165E72E8BB80 (resized).jpeg8F93827B-3CA2-4710-8A23-9CF49FF0E3EB (resized).jpeg8F93827B-3CA2-4710-8A23-9CF49FF0E3EB (resized).jpeg

#7 2 years ago

I cross posted this in casters club as well and got a few answers but still trying to resolve the issue

#11 2 years ago

Thanks for the in-depth response. I am awaiting a new board from Marco but in the meantime I ran some tests. When I go into test mode the reel initially does not spin but when I hit a flipper button it spins and gets to the it’s set position and the works fine. When the reel is running I am getting a voltage reading of 13.5 but when it’s not running after I put it in reel test it dips down to about two. If I lock balls in a game the reel does not spin properly.

#13 2 years ago

I’m visiting some schools in upstate NY with my daughter for a couple of days but will update my results in a few days.

#14 2 years ago

I installed the correct board and everything worked as far as the reel goes in the couple of games I played although I need to play a few more games before I am sure. The only problem I have left with the machine is random resets. When I power on, sometimes the machine starts to boot and then goes dark and reboots. During a game the game has rebooted on me a few times as well. I reseated all of the ribbon cables and changed the flipper coils that had broken diodes on them but it has reset since then. Any other ideas based on what I have described?

#17 2 years ago

Hopefully I have the random reset problem fixed as well. The flipper became stuck and when I investigated it was because the screws that hold the flipper bushing had become loose and we’re holding it up. The coil had burned up another diode so I’m hoping that was the cause. The screws had become loose previously and I tightened them but realized they were stripped. Luckily I had another flipper assembly base in my box of spare parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-reel-issue-3?tu=Don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.