Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Industen
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Finished my FT restoration a few weeks ago. I've had two random reboots in the past 2 weeks, both during game play.

Any ideas on where to look/what to replace first? (Caps, bridge rectifiers, voltage regulators, etc?)

Thanks-

#2 6 years ago

Low +5 volt causes resets, there is an extensive list of directions for fixing the problem on pinwiki. One I have found fixes the problem 50% of the time is resetting all the ribbon cables, especially if the restoration was extensive enough to remove all the boards. As everyone will tell you start with the simplest probable fixes first.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

One I have found fixes the problem 50% of the time is resetting all the ribbon cables,

Quoted from bjoechamp:

Low +5 volt causes resets, there is an extensive list of directions for fixing the problem on pinwiki.

+1. I would repin the 5/12v connector that runs between the CPU,sound, and driver board. (black and grey wires)

#4 6 years ago

If it was okay before you worked on it, I'd start with your work.

Wire any switches wrong ? Any wires pinched and occasionally shorting ? Any wires, sockets, coils, out of place and maybe short to something.

LTG : )™

#5 6 years ago

Thanks all- will check it out. It is very intermittent- It has happened twice in 88 plays.

LTG- never exercised it fully before the restore- other than getting it to boot.

#6 6 years ago

Quite possible the driver board isn't secure. Make sure your screws are tight. You get a significant voltage drop if loose. Start simple.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside