Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2889.jpg
FT_tomdotcom.jpg
IMG_1465.JPG
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Never played fish tales but I am curious why fish tales seems to be cheaper than most DMD pins out there. Is it just a really easy game or what? I always hear good things about it.

What's your take on fish tales? Is this the next "whitewater" or "shadow" pinflation title?

#2 11 years ago

Fish tales is fantastic and not leaving my collection anytime soon. I love the flow music, theme and overall its just a fun game. Going for that monster fish is a blast and hitting the left and right shots to build up to him is great. I really hope CPR does the playfield for FT I would buy one!

#3 11 years ago

I had it for a couple of months and couldn't stand the sound after a while. It's a great game for the price though, and if you don't like it you can get your money back easily.

#4 11 years ago

Its on par with games like T2 and whirlwind etc. Fast game play and great flow. Not a lot of depth to it but is very challenging and a fun multiball. Shots are very rewarding and getting supers is a challenge. Alternating the ramp shots feels alot like T2.

#5 11 years ago

FT is awesome. It might be cheaper because no modes & wizard. It can be very loud and annoying also...with that fish flapping around.

#6 11 years ago

It's hard, it sucks. You don't want it.

#7 11 years ago

Very fast and fun game. Super intense as the entire game is basically comprised of awesome
hurry-ups.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It's hard, it sucks. You don't want it.

That's a shame you couldn't keep up with it.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

That's a shame you couldn't keep up with it.

I want one. I'm trying to throw him off the trail.

#10 11 years ago

If it has lightening flippers it can be a bitch.

It's set up nice with different areas/tasks to focus on. That helps it stay pretty fresh.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I want one. I'm trying to throw him off the trail.

Oh my bad, rofl

#12 11 years ago

It's not a bad game....it just doesn't have the wow factor that some of the others have. Overall though its worth the lower price. Higher production numbers plus the theme is not exactly popular for a pinball game (no destroying castles, no beating up ringmasters, no robots changing to cars and planes, no ACDC music, etc) and the price stays down

#13 11 years ago

It's a great game. In my opinion its not easy. I don't know if I'd recommend it as your only game. But with a couple pins its fantastic! Ours isn't going anywhere.

#14 11 years ago

I'm buying my own because Mummite won't give his up. Great game!

#15 11 years ago

Great lock shot/mechanism, great modes (rock the boat, feeding frenzy), completing the multi-ball is really difficult, fun video mode (and I'm typically not into these). I'm not into fishing per se, but still love this pin. From my perspective, it's a classic with great price/performance. Highly recommend.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

What's your take on Fish Tales? Is this the next "whitewater" or "shadow" pinflation title?

Well for me it isn't and I don't expect to see a comparable level of appreciation.

I wanted to like it enough to add one to the line up but it just doesn't grab me the way the other two do. Good game but not in the same category in my opinion.

The video mode is one of my favorites though.

#17 11 years ago

I like the game but not the sound/music that goes with it. Just my two cents. I am sure others love it. It is a bargain, and I know plenty of people who enjoy it. Different strokes...

#18 11 years ago

I find myself liking the hard/short ball time games in my collection. Fish tales is fun. love the flapping fish and corny music.

#19 11 years ago

Sold mine to help pay for XMLE but I can see owning the game again. Very fun game and people seem to really like it. Its rules are simple, but the game is not something that is really easy to beat.

#20 11 years ago

I didn't like it at first because of the super redneckyness of it...but if you can get past that it's a fantastic game. It's extremely satisfying because pretty much every shot leads to a set up & reward situation...so the flow is exciting, nicely made consecutive shots and combos are exciting, and I LOOOOVE the two criss-cross ramps in the center. Just a super fun game to play.

#21 11 years ago

The one game I wish that I had never sold. Best video mode ever!

I hope to have another one in my collection again soon...

#22 11 years ago

Great video mode for sure. I still like popping that dudes head off in Creature though.

#23 11 years ago

I have a FT in my cue for full restoration. Just picked up a NOS pf, working on touchups for a few small spots that need a little love, then off to get clearcoated.

Hope to start putting it all back together by late winter/early spring.

FT is a fun game but I am not sure if I even like it just yet >> guess I will find out after restoring it

#24 11 years ago

I cant believe how much this game has gone up in value. I think I sold mine a couple years back for $1,100 and besides a little cabinet fade it was in excellent condition.

#25 11 years ago

FT is second only to IM among my friends in the ShaneTastic gameroom. Good players enjoy it because it is a great shooting game and quite challenging, guests that never play pinball love it too. Novices seem to get satisfaction from shooting the boat ramp, the crazy music, and flapping fish (I fixed my fish so it isn't annoying when flapping... you can feel it, but you can barely hear it over the music). The rules really suit the game. It is not that "deep", but seems to be matched with average ball times.

FISH ON!!! "Woooahhhhh!! What a beauty!" Biggest fish I ever seen!!! This game is a keeper for sure. I wouldn't sell it unless I found one in even better shape. No way man! No way, no how.

Oh yeah, and I always do a little dance to the end of game tune. I just can't help it. ... actually most of my friends do the dance too... except for B_R... he would probably slap somebody's face off if that happend while he was around

#26 11 years ago

I can't put my finger on why it is not as high priced as other titles, but its a good thing that it isn't because it gives someone a chance to own a really cool game without paying an arm and a leg. Its been on my radar for a while.

#27 11 years ago

Neo must be busy today. 26 posts and he hasn't even chimed in with "shit tales" yet.....

just kidding, I'm sure he will.

#28 11 years ago

Super fun Pin. Guest go to it all the time. Great Dots and music. I say get it.

#29 11 years ago

Bought one earlier this year, then sold it a couple months later.

Missed it so much, I bought another!

Great game, goes perfect next to WH2O.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Bought one earlier this year, then sold it a couple months later.
Missed it so much, I bought another!

...and Road Show...the Williams Redneck Trilogy!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

I feel the same! I really enjoy playing FT. I actually love the silly music. IMG_1465.JPGIMG_1465.JPG

#32 11 years ago

FT great pin. For some reason I enjoy the music. The gameplay is what it's all about and this title has some of the best.

#33 11 years ago

I like the music, the opening line, and even the banging fish tale! Which my son hates...

It does get a bit repetitive, which I think is why it hasn't gone to the next level amount collectors and pricing. But for me, it is a fun and fast game.

In fact, this post makes me want to fix my reel. Kept kept hanging up on second ball lock, so I have been playing with two balls.

#34 11 years ago

FT is a fun game, but would not want as the only game in a collection.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

FT is a fun game, but would not want as the only game in a collection.

My only pin for 5 years. Best theme in all of pinball. Best video mode ever. Simple, yet very tough to hit the super jackpot. Said sayonara to AFM, TZ and a host of others, but I still have the routed beater of a FT that I paid too much for back in 2006.

By the way, Hilton, where the hell did you find an NOS playfield? Were there more? I have been patiently waiting for CPR to repro it, but it's gonna be years.

"Gone Fishin', leave a message... BEEP!"

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I really hope CPR does the playfield for FT I would buy one!

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I have been patiently waiting for CPR to repro it, but it's gonna be years.

They might be available sooner then you think

Fish Tales is just plain awesome, shooters game, newbs love it as well as seasoned players. Fast, furious and exciting to play. I forgot how much I missed this game, I am on FT#2 and this one is going nowhere It's a keeper!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a FT in my cue for full restoration. Just picked up a NOS pf, working on touchups for a few small spots that need a little love, then off to get clearcoated.
FT is a fun game but I am not sure if I even like it just yet >> guess I will find out after restoring it

Where did you find a nos FT
The art dudes at
CPR have been looking for one for a redo!!!!!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The art dudes at

#39 11 years ago

Sorry I stuttered .if you would give it up for a while the FT community would benefit . My FT is folded up waiting. For a new PF.

#40 11 years ago

Great game. FT will never be an 'A' list game, but it will be a solid 'B+' game forever. Not an easy game by any stretch, IMO. Quite the contrary. I find it frustratingly tough.

#41 11 years ago

I love this game very very fun. I like the flow of the pin.

#42 11 years ago

I support this game on route every chance I get.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

I support this game on route every chance I get.

TPM is on to something, they are still available to play in the wild, at least in the midwest, fishing is popular and FT will still earn in a good fisherman's location.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

TPM is on to something, they are still available to play in the wild, at least in the midwest, fishing is popular and FT will still earn in a good fisherman's location.

Good point, if not on route, it would have been my first choice for my first pin.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The art dudes at

I purchased from a guy that was using it as wall art. It has a few minor blemishes (that I am in the process of touching up prior to clearcoating). I would be fine lending it out assuming it would not be gone for too long...

Is there someone in particular that I should get in touch with?

#46 11 years ago

Great fun and fast pin . Shane hit it on the nose with his description.I picked up a nice example cheap 3 months ago and was going to Flip it in a few weeks to get another pin. I found out it was a keeper and its upstairs in my game room beside WH2O . It is a great 1-2 punch. Oh all you non-southerners the music is called bluegrass . You get to hear "Orange Blossom Special",one the the great classic bluegrass songs if you get past the Jackpot. Bluegrass has been around since the 1930's and my dad was actually a professional bluegrass performer in the early days.Fish Tales works great in collections of 3 or more pins. Best deal out there in my opinion.

#47 11 years ago

One of my faves of all time, not just anyone can get Super Jackpots on it...

#48 11 years ago

Supers are hard, I have been close.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would be fine lending it out assuming it would not be gone for too long...

I believe they have the PF art done, but if you are willing to lend it and he needs it I am sure they would appreciate a good donor PF for scanning. His Pinside handle is CPR, I am sure you could contact Mike off his website as well.

#49 11 years ago

We had a surprise birthday party for someone tonight, and out of TSPP, Rollergames, and FT, FT was by far and away the most played. "Hey, so and so would love this, he loves to fish", etc. The theme is very approachable to non-pinheads, and the fish topper seals the deal.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I purchased from a guy that was using it as wall art. It has a few minor blemishes (that I am in the process of touching up prior to clearcoating). I would be fine lending it out assuming it would not be gone for too long...
Is there someone in particular that I should get in touch with?

You want to get in touch with Stuart Wright (Pinsider "Stu"), the art director at CPR (www.classicplayfields.com). They compensate you for your efforts, and of course there's the great service you're providing to the community.

Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.