Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DUKE_WADD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

so getting ready to swap out my fish tales playfield, trying to make a list of what i need and need to do. thought i could just swap parts from one to another, but noticed the nuts imbeded in the wood in the underside of the playfield t nuts i think there called. cant find any thing in the manuel about size or amount needed. and what else needs to be done before i start tearing down this is my first playfield swap.

#2 6 years ago

You will want to add the new T-Nuts to the new playfield as step one. They will be 6-32 or 8-32 size and you can get them from PinRestore or other pinball parts suppliers. You can tap them out of the old playfield and reuse them in most cases as well. Just mark where you remove it from on the old field and then hammer it into the new playfield.

I have noticed that the pre-drilled holes on the CPR playfields are a tad small. I like to expand them a bit so you do not run the risk of splitting the wood. Use a new sharp wood bit slightly larger than the current hole. Go slowly and don't go too deep.

After you get the T-nuts in, next you will want to add new GI sockets to the new playfield. Then move over the playfield slide rails.

Next would be the rollover switches. From there you have a choice to make.

1) Unscrew everything and move it over in one big blob. It doesn't let you get everything very clean this way, but it is the fastest and easiest approach.

2) Cut the harness from the coils to move each mech over individually. I personally will mark each wire with sticky labels with a corresponding label on each lug of a coil so that I can disassemble, clean and refurbish each mechanism.

After you finish the bottom, then you can work on the top.

Tips:
Take lots of pictures, from different angles top and bottom of the playfield.
Take the time to clean each mech, replace the coil sleeve, worn plungers etc.
Replace ALL bulbs.

The end result will be a brand new looking and playing machine!

#3 6 years ago

To add to the great post above... read a lot of restoration threads here on pinside. It will help considerably, and take a lot of pictures...

#4 6 years ago

wasnt sure if those t nuts came out or not now i know, think ill still order a bunch. thanks for the info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
12,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-new-cpr-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.