Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by theGiven
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171029_115710 (resized).jpg
91hT+vZAUuL._SX425_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
MF EYE COLORS.jpg
IMG_20141101_175627760.jpg
image-465.jpg
image.jpg
photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00320.JPG
DSC00319.JPG
DSC00317.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tunasled.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

Anyone know where to find this plastic?? As you can see mine is crap looking!

Attachments P5150092.JPG (1211.9 KB, 2 downloads) 1 minute old

Mine looked like that too, but guess which plastic is still there after as full of a restoration as I could do?
Just Novus the shit out of it and put it back. You won't see it from almost any angle once the game is back together. Or cut yourself a new one from plexi.

2 weeks later
#60 7 years ago

I thought for sure there was a setting in the adjustments menu to turn the topper off but I just looked, and unless I totally missed it apparently there isn't one. My poor topper is completely removed, I have about five inches between the top of my backboxes and my basement ceiling. Before putting the damper plate over the hole on top, I noticed a good amount of light shining on the ceiling, gonna use that to my advantage... I'll post pics when it's done.

2 weeks later
#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Kgroff:

I am thinking about putting some LEDs into my FT. I don't want to do everything.. I just want to spruce it up a bit. Anyone have a list of what they did or want to share some photos? There are so many options and I don't want to waste money buying LEDs I won't use!

I got the no ghost game rom then I used mostly regular flat top Ablaze from Pinball Life. My flashers are from Cointaker (best and brightest) and in certain instances I used CT's flex superbrights (up the middle of the boat and the #1 ball lock). I also used CT's 2-LED whites for GI. The whole thing looks brilliant. I'll post pics when I get a few taken.

#65 7 years ago

It's a patched L5. You can circumvent that by simply getting the Ablaze ghostbusters. A few pennies more per LED but worth it. Even with the NG patched rom there is a *teensy* bit of ghosting in a couple inserts. But nowhere near the horrorshow pre-patch.

PM sent re: where I got my rom.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from decktard:

This link has info on how to fix the "xtra balle" font bug... if you're creating a no-ghost ROM while you're at it.
http://pinhacks.com/showthread.php?tid=12&pid=15#pid15
To fix the bug: 0x25 at 0x6C6AA needs to be changed to 0x14
I can verify it fixes the problem.
You'd need to edit the ROM with a hex editor and then apply the no-ghost patch.

This is pretty advanced stuff. I just got mine pre-done. However, how much would I love to see that "xtra balle" get fixed...

#68 7 years ago

As promised:

IMG_5298.JPG IMG_5299.JPG

#69 7 years ago

The GI LEDs are not as shockingly bright as my camera makes them look. They are great and light up their surrounding areas nicely:

IMG_5303.JPG
Insert damage? What insert damage?
IMG_5304.JPG

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from romman:

I think I saw a "xtra balle" fixed ghosting patched rom here once... version G-5: http://depositfiles.com/files/qois3sbw9

You still need the ability to flash your own chips. I have a guy

#73 7 years ago

Dig it, quick n' dirty

2 weeks later
#77 7 years ago
Quoted from RUS7T3:

Here is what i have done to my FT pin with L.E.D.'s seems as though bballfan & i were on the same page to some degree with the upper playfield area with the pop bumpers except i went with blue lane guides. My thinking on this was to go with the prodominent blue of the playfield.
I left the normal globes under the plastics as they seem to light them better in my opinion.
I also just finished modding my LAH pin so here some pics of that as well.

Nice, I think I'm going to try blue pop caps and green lane guides.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tunasled.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside