Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by theGiven
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171029_115710 (resized).jpg
91hT+vZAUuL._SX425_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
MF EYE COLORS.jpg
IMG_20141101_175627760.jpg
image-465.jpg
image.jpg
photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00320.JPG
DSC00319.JPG
DSC00317.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I got this ft and the only mods I find at all are lighted button in the reel plunger, rappala lures in the cabinet, LEDs and a rubber duck on a pop bumper.

Question 1.
Does the container full led kit look good? I want led but theres like 8 diff styles and just trying to see what people like where in ft.

Question 2.
Anyone do any cool mods?!

#2 7 years ago

Here is the lighted cast button
http://www.dziedzic.us/cast_button.html

#4 7 years ago

Oh awesome. I'd love to see pictures! Yes this iPad auto corrects, it was suppose to be cointaker.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Here is what I changed on my Fishtales.

green plastics in back and you swap green flippers? Are those standard flipper length? Man those lightening flippers are destroying me. I get like 2 balls locked and then its DRAIN time haha. Looks good! I think led's would make it really pop the colors.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I changed to green bats and yellow rubbers to look like the fish mouth.Changed the red pop bumper caps and wafers to blue and added blue leds. Also I put colored leds under the white fish inserts.Changed the yellow lane guides to green with green leds.

Ohhh I think my pop bumpers are already blue, and I didnt know that wasnt from factory. I'll have to take a closer peak when I get home. I don't think the waffers were changed.

The flippers in green w/ yellow rubber looks really good and I agree matches the fish.

5 months later
#14 7 years ago

I'll have to start a new thread for my FT redo. I have some neat ideas...just hope I have the time!

I'm gong to get led's but sounds like it is best to hand pick the led's so I can color match the inserts and any special places I want different color.

Quick question on the led's though.
Are people getting yellow for the stretch truth or are you doing the bulb looking leds with the condoms on?
Back box is all the cointaker soft white?

Real issue with FT - the cast again randomly is flashing or is on, then the ball drains and no ball save...not sure if the bulbs are just messed up or what yet. Some of the LIFE lights are picky when to work as well so I was going to led it up then test from there.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I used standard bulbs with different colored bulb covers for the sign, to match the colors of the boat inserts (red,green,blue etc)
Reflow the header pins on the board for the "LIE" lights. Also make sure the bulb holders are touching properly to the board. You may need to pinch the metal bulb holders down a bit.

Ok thanks, I'll have to crack it open this weekend and start looking through it. Checking the wiring and harness.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from decktard:

northvibe said:Back box is all the cointaker soft white?

I went with a mix of frosted cointakers and incandecents in my back box. A couple green behind the fish & title, blue around the water & clouds, along with some white and soft white strategically placed. Went a little overboard with the green/blue and moved those extra LEDs up to the fish topper. I might get more LEDs at some point... most likely white (not soft white) frosted.
Not sure what to do about the flashers though. I got a couple green Ablaze 9 LED flashers but they don't diffuse enough for the backbox. Not sure if the Cointakers would look better.
Thinking about putting a color changing LED behind the topper lure... but not sure how that would look.

Do you have pictures?

1 year later
#176 6 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

had lures on my ft that is no longer in my lineup. looks cool, but watch the hell out... you will get hooked when working on it

Haha should clip the barbs before install. They hurt like a mofo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
PinSound
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 50.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tyngsborough, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Walton, KY
$ 26.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside