image-465.jpg
image.jpg
photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00320.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago

How do you FT paired with your W?D? Are they both keepers?

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

lpeters82 said:How do you like it compaired -or- paired with your W?D?
Who?dunnit is a good pairing. I can set it for "novice" play when new people come over and it'll relaunch drained balls for a timed play (3 minutes) which lets them see more of the game. It's also my wife's and my Mom's favorite in my line-up. I play it a couple times a week.
FT has the new taste still so I can't really give it an unbiased view/rating yet.

Yeah, I like both games but with the center ramps on each I wasn't sure if I'd like them in a small lineup.

#42 11 years ago

We'll I gave it a try, and I couldn't be happier with the tournament button for the launcher. It fits the whole "fishing tournament" theme perfectly. And for a total cost of $5, it's one of those mods that there really is no reason not to do. Why was the lighted button removed anyway? Obviously it was wired, so the cost of installing a lit button versus that ugly gray one couldn't have been much.

100_0683.JPG100_0683.JPG

I still need to put things back together, but it's 100% working.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Awesome, thanks. I can't wait to get home!
I am sure I will be back with" which wire do i put where" questions

I really don't think you'll be confused. It's as simple as wiring gets, but if for some reason you need help feel free to PM.

4 months later
#96 11 years ago

I spent a little while looking for these "monster fish" characters that I saw a few guys put behind their Truth-O-Meter plastic.

I just ordered a lot containing a "monster fish". As you stated it is the Beast of Bottomless Lake, but it really does fit the monster fish on the display. Like others I'll be installing it behind the Truth-O-Meter. That way it won't really be noticeable unless the flasher is going. So far the mods I've made on my machine have been...

- LEDs
- Blue Pop Bumpers / Green Lane Guides
- Lighted Tournament Button
- Monster Fish Toy
- Green Flipper Plastics

I would really love to custom make a few mosquito figures to match the plastic. Does anyone have any idea how this would be possible? I'd mount them like the Pteranodons in Jurassic Park. Other then that, I couldn't be happier with my modded machine. I'm typically not into mods, but these mods just seem so right.

980-1154-thickbox.jpg980-1154-thickbox.jpg

#98 11 years ago

Yeah, I really think the mosquito and the monster fish would add to the campy humor of the machine. I have a cousin at MIT, maybe he can find a way to create them on a 3D printer. Anyone else have any ideas on how to go about creating a figure like this?

If I can get them produced, would anyone else be interested? I'm sure larger quantity would reduce the production cost.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

If you had the model, I could 3d print them.

Cost for say 2" to 3" model?

1 week later
#102 11 years ago

I've installed the "monster fish". Not bad for $15 shipped on eBay. Anyone have any kid's that want the other scooby-doo figures. I had to buy a small lot. Pay shipping and I'll send them out free. Anyway, here are some pictures...

100_1594.JPG100_1594.JPG 100_1596.JPG100_1596.JPG

#106 11 years ago

I'm having trouble finding a decent 3D modeler. One guy said he's do it for $150, but it would have to be an abstract design. He said it would look cool, but seriously an abstract mosquito. I don't think so.

I still think the whole idea of using a 3D printer for pinball modification is going to happen, I just don't have the ability to do the modeling. If you know anyone who has this ability please let me know. I think there are a bunch of mods waiting to be made.

I really think the "Beast of Bottomless Lake" works well for the "monster fish"...

mf.pngmf.png

3 weeks later
#112 11 years ago

I'm working on some sideboard decals...

#113 11 years ago

I'm working on some sideboard decals, still looking for some more ideas... Sideboard_Left.jpgSideboard_Left.jpg

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^you should try that decal stuff that people put on the back of Aquariums that have the underwater scenes on them.

I don't know, I kind of like the idea of the playfield being the water and the sideboard decal being the surrounding land.

* For the other side I'm thinking about a waterskier or jet ski being torpedoed.

PS: Anyone recognize the bigfoot?

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

Where did you find that Monster Fish figurine?

eBay - Beast from Bottomless Lake (Scooby Doo)

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I don't see how WH2O and Fish Tales are related. I guess they both have water in the theme...

I think they are a good pair, but I mostly wanted to just toss in a fun Easter egg. I also just like the whole North-woods, Bigfoot thing. Obviously, it's just the face of the Whitewater Yeti edited into the body of a Bigfoot.

#122 11 years ago

I added some details to the left side. Let me know what you think...

Sideboard_Right.jpgSideboard_Right.jpg Sideboard_Left_3.jpgSideboard_Left_3.jpg

PS: There is a crazy subtle Easter egg in that one too.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I modded my FT with a fully populated TAF playfield. Plays a 1000x's better now. Best mod I ever did.

You? You hate Fish Tale? You should have said something before...Oooohhhh, yyyyeeeeaaahhhh! We know.

#125 11 years ago

Sloppy photoshop test.

Test.jpgTest.jpg

#128 11 years ago

We'll I might just keep it really, really simple with just one thing on each side.

Sideboard_Right_New.jpgSideboard_Right_New.jpg Sideboard_Left_New_.jpgSideboard_Left_New_.jpg

#130 11 years ago

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Seriously ,I like the colors,tree& mosquitoes .I like the idea of the mountains but think animated might work better IMO.
When they are done I'd buy.

They are animated.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I thInk the skeeters need to be on the right side.

They are.

#138 11 years ago

I can try to tone down the detail a little bit more. Maybe they are a little too photo-realistic.

#142 11 years ago

I guess the "air brush" look was done on purpose. All of the art on Fish Tales uses half-tones. An air brush look is similar, so in a way I guess that was the look I was going for. I wanted the artwork style to match the machine, which is why the trees and mosquitos were taken from scanned playfield plastics.

I tried to tone down the mountains, but basically colorizing them the color of the mosquitoes tails. I like simple, so I'm just trying to cut down on overall color variation.

Sideboard_Background_New_4.jpgSideboard_Background_New_4.jpg

#145 11 years ago

Just giving you my honest opinion
The blue orange sky colors don't compliment each other very well either...
Just looks really amateur IMO...
Fishtales rules though, keep tweaking it...always room for improvement..

Have you looked at your Fish Tales? What color sky would you suggest?

FT.jpgFT.jpg

#147 11 years ago

I can make the clouds more realistic, but I think I'll stick to the colors already on the machine...

Sideboard_Right_5.jpgSideboard_Right_5.jpg Sideboard_Left_5.jpgSideboard_Left_5.jpg

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Man I want a set. Maybe there should be some water skiers that is a great video mode.

If anyone can find a good waterskier that I can work with that would be great. I wast trying to find one of those retro posters with something cool, but I didn't find anything.

#152 11 years ago

We'll...I finally had enough! I muted my topper with two 1/2" pieces of foam. One wrapped around the base of the kicker and the other mounted on the strike plate to offset the reduction in kicker movement.

Also, I'll be getting printing quotes on the sideboard decals sometime after New Years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-mods?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.