image-465.jpg
image.jpg
photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00320.JPG
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago

I went a little lure crazy and added some neat looking lures on the playfield. Easily removable and a tad dangerous. lol

#152 11 years ago

We'll...I finally had enough! I muted my topper with two 1/2" pieces of foam. One wrapped around the base of the kicker and the other mounted on the strike plate to offset the reduction in kicker movement.

Also, I'll be getting printing quotes on the sideboard decals sometime after New Years.

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

What no love for the Captain Neo "s#*t tales reference. not even a single thumbs up

What a cute little outhouse. That should be on there for sure. I just like giving shit tales owners shit. I used to play this all the time back in 92. Mostly because it was in a bar we could get into, without anyone checking ID's. Pinball was still pinball, so we played what we could get.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What a cute little outhouse. That should be on there for sure. I just like giving shit tales owners shit. I used to play this all the time back in 92. Mostly because it was in a bar we could get into, without anyone checking ID's. Pinball was still pinball, so we played what we could get.

Though you might like that

#155 11 years ago

The lures look great! Nice idea.

#156 11 years ago

had lures on my ft that is no longer in my lineup. looks cool, but watch the hell out... you will get hooked when working on it

#157 11 years ago

Man I love fish tales. I don't understand people that don't ..... Neo LOL

2 weeks later
#158 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That button and chrome look great, tracelifter. I put in a led button too but it's smaller, more like the size of the regular one.
I was thinking about redoing the handle in black and keeping the reel chrome to give it more of that old Zebco spincaster look.

Erik, that button looks great! Any chance you could share the info on where you got it from?

Chris

(Just picked up a FT to my collection)

#159 11 years ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase an 'Old' style Stern tournament button? I ordered one from pinball life, but there's no way this is going to fit in the handle. The threaded part is too long.

2 weeks later
#160 11 years ago

Got to thinking about the mosquito mod. Been sick the past couple of days so I started to make a model. It is still pretty rough and it is not 100% like the graphic, but it's something. Will post some pics later on as it gets refined. Looking for a FT in the St Louis area if anyone has a line on one. Thanks

The "nose" is just temporary and will be cast and glued on later.

DSC00316.JPGDSC00316.JPG DSC00314.JPGDSC00314.JPG DSC00317.JPGDSC00317.JPG

#162 11 years ago

Put me on the list for a mosquito if you make/mold a few.

#163 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Put me on the list for a mosquito if you make/mold a few.

Ditto

#164 11 years ago

put me 3rd in line for the mosquito. I'd love to have one if you mold a few.

3 weeks later
#165 11 years ago

How is the mosquito going?.?

#166 11 years ago

Put me on the list too.

#167 11 years ago

Sorry guys, had a family health emergency and have not had much time to work on this. I did clean it up more. I also noticed that when it was being heated to set the Sculpy (sp) the back end of the critter turned to one side. Will try and post a pick of what I mean later. basically the back "tail" is kicking out to one side and is not straight with the body. Doesn't really bother me but it might to some people. Also carved away some of the bottom of the face so it looks more like he is wearing a helmet. Here are some quick (bad) pics of what I mean.

DSC00319.JPGDSC00319.JPG DSC00320.JPGDSC00320.JPG DSC00321.JPGDSC00321.JPG

#168 11 years ago

I am still in. Would love to have one (or maybe 2).

#169 11 years ago

The turn doesn't bother me either. Looks fantastic.

#170 11 years ago

Count me in for one.

4 weeks later
#171 11 years ago

I want a couple of those!

1 week later
#172 11 years ago

Sunset string leach. Topper mod ::::extra screw in angle plate ,makes things tighter and much quieter.... angled the coil to hit down on weak fish rubber to prevent further tearing

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#173 11 years ago

that fly looks cool, but I would angle the wire up at a 45 to cove the lure and line printed behind it so ya don't see both lures coming out of his mouth.

#174 11 years ago

Man, seeing all these cool mods makes me want a FT even more!!!

2 months later
#175 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I added some details to the left side. Let me know what you think...

Just wondering how you are making out with side panels? They look great and would love to buy a set from you..

4 months later
#176 10 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

had lures on my ft that is no longer in my lineup. looks cool, but watch the hell out... you will get hooked when working on it

Haha should clip the barbs before install. They hurt like a mofo

#177 10 years ago

did that mosquito mod ever get made? what about those cool interior side decals with the forest , mountain scene?

2 months later
#178 10 years ago

We want the side decals

2 months later
#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks!
Actually, chrome blades wouldn't look out of place either.
I spent a little while looking for these "monster fish" characters that I saw a few guys put behind their Truth-O-Meter plastic. Finally a couple of kind pinsiders told me that they were Scooby-Doo characters. The Beast of Bottomless Lake.
You can sometimes find them on eBay in a multi-pack with some other figures or idividually.
There are regular and glow in the dark versions too. I got both and will decide later which one to use.

BeatBottomlessLake2.JPG 167 KB

Great find. Just ordered mine. Perfect little mod for FT. Looks almost identical to Monster Fish IMO.

#180 10 years ago

Side decals please!

#181 10 years ago

Have recently joined the FT owners club and loving it! Just put an LED kit into my fish tales and went with all blue in the stretch the truth, I'll add some pictures up shortly. Loving some of the mods that are going on here!

2 months later
#182 9 years ago

Just another picture of a cast tournament button mod. I was able to get the yellow plastic lens off of the button and was able to replace the default Tournament text with a custom image from an inkjet printer (on card stock).photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#183 9 years ago

That's the icing on the cake! I bought a tournament button, but it didn't fit. Apparently they don't make the older stern tournament buttons that will fit in the reel.

#184 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-465.jpgimage-465.jpg

#185 9 years ago

lol, nice. I hope you took out the butane or whatever is in there.

#186 9 years ago

Yes, I did! Or that migh have been the last hard shot of the game.

1 week later
#187 9 years ago
Quoted from hamguy:

Just another picture of a cast tournament button mod. I was able to get the yellow plastic lens off of the button and was able to replace the default Tournament text with a custom image from an inkjet printer (on card stock).

photo.JPG 24 KB

Hamguy, I like the modification you did to the button; but how did you get the yellow plastic lens off of the button?

Thanks...Dave

Post edited by GoodBadUgly: Was not done with the message and hit the wrong button

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

That's the icing on the cake! I bought a tournament button, but it didn't fit. Apparently they don't make the older stern tournament buttons that will fit in the reel.

The new ones can work if you cut a small section out inside of the reel with a dremmel tool

6 months later
#189 9 years ago

Monster Fish Mod...for sale under marketplace.

IMG_20141101_175627760.jpgIMG_20141101_175627760.jpg

MF EYE COLORS.jpgMF EYE COLORS.jpg
#190 9 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Monster Fish Mod...for sale in limited quantity under marketplace.

Couldn't find it but totally want one!

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Couldn't find it but totally want one!

Here is the link to the marketplace ad:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17522

FYI....these are selling pretty quickly. I appreciate everyone's support that has shown interest and has one on the way! I have less than 20 left and will be able to ship same or next day...so if you'd like one, please send me a PM! thanks Paul

NinJaBoot - I'll send you a PM about it now.

4 months later
#193 8 years ago
Quoted from romman:

I think I saw a "xtra balle" fixed ghosting patched rom here once... version G-5: http://depositfiles.com/files/qois3sbw9

Joined the club recently and I'm thinking on getting a colour dmd for it. Don't have the current rom in mine though and was going to upgrade to L-5 but saw this.
Anyone have a working link or know where to get a copy of the patched rom?

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Not sure if anyone noticed..but we have Officially Licensed PinBlades here for FT

Quoted from theGiven:

FYI....these are selling pretty quickly. I appreciate everyone's support that has shown interest and has one on the way! I have less than 20 left and will be able to ship same or next day...so if you'd like one, please send me a PM! thanks Paul

NinJaBoot - I'll send you a PM about it now.

BOTH of these are awesome mods...I have both, but have yet to install either of them.

#195 8 years ago

Purchased and Installed the Monster fish mod and it looks great and was easy to install. A sweet mod for the price. Thanks again

1 year later
#196 7 years ago

Heres a mod i put on my players condition ft. Its about the best i could do to this turd.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#197 6 years ago

I am looking for a FT alternative topper and have not found anything yet , hoping someone knows where a few more mods are also. Thanks

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I am looking for a FT alternative topper and have not found anything yet , hoping someone knows where a few more mods are also. Thanks

Big mouth billy bass ?

91hT+vZAUuL._SX425_ (resized).jpg91hT+vZAUuL._SX425_ (resized).jpg

#199 6 years ago

I still have these available for Fish Tales owners...

20171029_115710 (resized).jpg20171029_115710 (resized).jpg

6 years later
#200 4 months ago

Left and right for the boat

IMG_7283 (resized).jpegIMG_7283 (resized).jpegIMG_7284 (resized).jpegIMG_7284 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-mods/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.