Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by theGiven
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171029_115710 (resized).jpg
91hT+vZAUuL._SX425_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
MF EYE COLORS.jpg
IMG_20141101_175627760.jpg
image-465.jpg
image.jpg
photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00320.JPG
DSC00319.JPG
DSC00317.JPG

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago

Maybe $30? I'd have to see the model. Also if it had tiny thin mosquito legs they'd be too fragile.

1 week later
#102 7 years ago

I've installed the "monster fish". Not bad for $15 shipped on eBay. Anyone have any kid's that want the other scooby-doo figures. I had to buy a small lot. Pay shipping and I'll send them out free. Anyway, here are some pictures...

100_1594.JPG 100_1596.JPG

#103 7 years ago

Got any video of that with the flasher going? I think I'd drop it down so its face isn't right in the text.

#104 7 years ago

You should make the flasher green to go with the monster.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Maybe $30? I'd have to see the model. Also if it had tiny thin mosquito legs they'd be too fragile.

Mosquito mod sounds pretty cool, I would be interested in it if you made them. Should try to make a better Monster fish too and make a set out of em

#106 7 years ago

I'm having trouble finding a decent 3D modeler. One guy said he's do it for $150, but it would have to be an abstract design. He said it would look cool, but seriously an abstract mosquito. I don't think so.

I still think the whole idea of using a 3D printer for pinball modification is going to happen, I just don't have the ability to do the modeling. If you know anyone who has this ability please let me know. I think there are a bunch of mods waiting to be made.

I really think the "Beast of Bottomless Lake" works well for the "monster fish"...

mf.png

#107 7 years ago

Only zcorp makes a 3d
printer that prints in color and their parts are kinda brittle. I have an ABS plastic printer at work, its solid plaatic but the model is only 1 color.

#108 7 years ago

Here is my Monster Fish.

// Error: Image 55276 not found // 006.JPG 005.JPG

#109 7 years ago

more

004.JPG

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Only zcorp makes a 3d
printer that prints in color and their parts are kinda brittle. I have an ABS plastic printer at work, its solid plaatic but the model is only 1 color.

Hey guys,
3D printing is only really intended for prototyping. What you do is print the model, take an RTV Mold of the part and then cast it in a soft or rubberized resin and hand paint the part.

It's a bit of work, but once you have the mold it is relatively inexpensive to make a lot of parts.
You also have the benefit of not having to worry about direct ball strikes.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

cast it in a soft or rubberized resin and hand paint the part.

This

3 weeks later
#112 7 years ago

I'm working on some sideboard decals...

#113 7 years ago

I'm working on some sideboard decals, still looking for some more ideas... Sideboard_Right.jpg Sideboard_Left.jpg

#114 7 years ago

^you should try that decal stuff that people put on the back of Aquariums that have the underwater scenes on them.

#115 7 years ago

Where did you find that Monster Fish figurine?

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^you should try that decal stuff that people put on the back of Aquariums that have the underwater scenes on them.

I don't know, I kind of like the idea of the playfield being the water and the sideboard decal being the surrounding land.

* For the other side I'm thinking about a waterskier or jet ski being torpedoed.

PS: Anyone recognize the bigfoot?

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

eBay - Beast from Bottomless Lake (Scooby Doo)

#118 7 years ago

I don't see how WH2O and fish tales are related. I guess they both have water in the theme...

#119 7 years ago

I love those side decals! If you go through with it make 2. I'll pay.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

E-bay U.K

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I don't see how WH2O and Fish Tales are related. I guess they both have water in the theme...

I think they are a good pair, but I mostly wanted to just toss in a fun Easter egg. I also just like the whole North-woods, Bigfoot thing. Obviously, it's just the face of the Whitewater Yeti edited into the body of a Bigfoot.

#122 7 years ago

I added some details to the left side. Let me know what you think...

Sideboard_Right.jpg Sideboard_Left_3.jpg

PS: There is a crazy subtle Easter egg in that one too.

#123 7 years ago

I modded my FT with a fully populated TAF playfield. Plays a 1000x's better now. Best mod I ever did.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I modded my FT with a fully populated TAF playfield. Plays a 1000x's better now. Best mod I ever did.

You? You hate Fish Tale? You should have said something before...Oooohhhh, yyyyeeeeaaahhhh! We know.

#125 7 years ago

Sloppy photoshop test.

Test.jpg

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

You? You hate Fish Tale? You should have said something before...Oooohhhh, yyyyeeeeaaahhhh! We know.

I know, it's hard to pry info out of me. I really like to keep to myself most of the time.

Personally, I think the sidewalls will look good. Doing something similar on Atlantis. Love the look.

#127 6 years ago

I love those side decals. The orange looks great and my FT sits next to wh2o so the Bigfoot is awesome! Please p.m. me if you sell these

#128 6 years ago

We'll I might just keep it really, really simple with just one thing on each side.

Sideboard_Right_New.jpg Sideboard_Left_New_.jpg

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We'll I might just keep it really, really simple with just one thing on each side.

I'll take a set of those?

#131 6 years ago

Howmuch?

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd like to see a boat dock or buoy. How about an outhouse in honor of NEO.

#133 6 years ago

I thInk the skeeters need to be on the right side.

#134 6 years ago

Seriously ,I like the colors,tree& mosquitoes .I like the idea of the mountains but think animated might work better IMO.
When they are done I'd buy.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Seriously ,I like the colors,tree& mosquitoes .I like the idea of the mountains but think animated might work better IMO.
When they are done I'd buy.

They are animated.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I thInk the skeeters need to be on the right side.

They are.

#138 6 years ago

I can try to tone down the detail a little bit more. Maybe they are a little too photo-realistic.

#139 6 years ago

They are god awful ugly, and look like terrible air brushing or something. Reminds me of those toppers that one guy makes here..no offence haha

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I can try to tone down the detail a little bit more. Maybe they are a little too photo-realistic.

Also liked the lightning. Maybe a torpedo or exploding jet -ski

#141 6 years ago

What no love for the Captain Neo "s#*t tales reference. not even a single thumbs up

imagesCAWRF69P.jpg

#142 6 years ago

I guess the "air brush" look was done on purpose. All of the art on Fish Tales uses half-tones. An air brush look is similar, so in a way I guess that was the look I was going for. I wanted the artwork style to match the machine, which is why the trees and mosquitos were taken from scanned playfield plastics.

I tried to tone down the mountains, but basically colorizing them the color of the mosquitoes tails. I like simple, so I'm just trying to cut down on overall color variation.

Sideboard_Background_New_4.jpg

#143 6 years ago

I might be interested in buying the decals too.

#144 6 years ago

Just giving you my honest opinion

The blue orange sky colors don't compliment each other very well either...

Just looks really amateur IMO...

Fishtales rules though, keep tweaking it...always room for improvement..

#145 6 years ago

Just giving you my honest opinion
The blue orange sky colors don't compliment each other very well either...
Just looks really amateur IMO...
Fishtales rules though, keep tweaking it...always room for improvement..

Have you looked at your Fish Tales? What color sky would you suggest?

FT.jpg

#146 6 years ago

Man I want a set. Maybe there should be some water skiers that is a great video mode.

#147 6 years ago

I can make the clouds more realistic, but I think I'll stick to the colors already on the machine...

Sideboard_Right_5.jpg Sideboard_Left_5.jpg

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Man I want a set. Maybe there should be some water skiers that is a great video mode.

If anyone can find a good waterskier that I can work with that would be great. I wast trying to find one of those retro posters with something cool, but I didn't find anything.

#149 6 years ago

no luck?

commando+v+water+skiing+squirrel_+comm.gif

#150 6 years ago

Who doesn't like a wet Beaver

imagesCA2V2L9R.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 25.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Winter Garden, FL
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chatham, MA
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbus, OHIO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside