4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Msch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Just purchased my first pinball machine which is fish tales and I love this game. One issue that I just noticed is that in the stringer of the four fish the one of the right does not light at all. Also, my 4x insert does not light and my tropical, freshwater, and deep sea inserts will not light. The game has all LED's all of which work fine with exception to the ones I listed. I swapped out bulbs with known working ones and still didn't work. I then swapped out lamp sockets thinking those could be bad which still didn't work? Any ideas on what this could possibly be? The lamp board bad on those particular inserts?

In addition to the lighting issue I have ordered the large tacklebox overlay and would like to install that soon. What is the best way to remove the artwork on the inserts? Tape off around them and use sand paper? If so, what grit would you recommend? just trying to get a little insigt on how others approach this job.

Thanks

#7 4 years ago

Update:

Tonight I unplugged and plugged the connector in that goes to the light board and was able to get the "Tropical Fishing" light to illuminate. I decided I would do the unplugging/plugging back in a few more times then the "Tropical Fishing" light refused to work but the 4th fish in the stringer started working as well as the 4x light. However, the 4th fish and the 4x lighting were intermittent during gameplay. One game they would work perfectly then for the next few games they wouldn't work. Then magically they would start working again.

This problems confirms that the board should probably be reflowed and may as well rebuild the connector. Only problem is I have no idea how to do either. Is it complicated to repin this connector? I've never soldered before and i'm hesitant to begin on a light board.

#9 4 years ago

Do you happen to know the name or part number for the new connector you used? Thanks for all the info!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside