Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by trumpy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0868 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trumpy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

POWER UP - ALL GOOD , ADD BALL TO OUTHOLE GROUND ROW SHORT ROW 5 . MOVE BALL TO TROUGH , GROUND ROW SHORT ROW 6 . 2 BALLS IN TROUGH , GROUND ROW SHORT ROW 6 &7 . BALLS IN TROUGH , GROUND ROW SHORT 6 & 7 & 8 ??????????????? SO IT APPEARS TO BE IN THAT AREA . HOW DO I FIGURE OUT WHERE? DIODE OR SWITCH? ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED excuse capitals . too much to write all again, im not yelling (nearly crying , but not yelling)

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Have you physically examined the switches associated with these?
    Do you have a manual?
    Do you have and know how to use a DMM?
    https://www.ipdb.org/files/861/Williams_1992_Fish_Tales_English_Manual.pdf</blockquo they look ok, got a manual , got a multimeter , don't really know how to test things , although the diodes test flowing one way, so they appear ok . do I have to disconnect them to test . I didn't . all switches on those rows look ok-not earthed

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

If you are having switches shorting out, check for loose wires or any exposed wiring that might be touching something metal.

everything visually looks ok . how do I check switches are working correctly

#7 4 years ago

nothing there means anything to me how do you check switches

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

For a start. Tests - Switch Edge, hit a switch. See if it works and the correct switch reports on the DMD.
    LTG : )

thanks everyone . turned out someone had put earth strap under 1/2 of the tilt switch . explains why they had green wire to tilt switch disconnected . I put it back on , didn't know better about earth strap. looked at my cftbl and hello no earth strap to tilt . removed earth STRAP , ALL GOOD ON SWITCH FRONT . NOW THE LAMPS . single lamp test more than 1 light lights . any help with it would be nice

IMG_0868 (resized).JPGIMG_0868 (resized).JPG
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Are the lights that should not be lit in the same row or column in the lamp matrix as the one that should?

5 hrs later-solved . they had changed the order of wires into big light board under p/f . I had to follow traces to pins , from lights . this told me what wires went where . sorted that all is good on lamp front , now to change 2 x lane guide switches and everything is a1.glad I don't have to pay myself . i'd be broke working at my speed switches and color led dmd morrow

IMG_0870 (resized).JPGIMG_0870 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trumpy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-help-needed-outhole-trough-causing-row-ground-short?tu=trumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.