Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I was just watching a video that tomdotcom has on Youtube of his FT's and noticed that when the ball is returned from the reel, it hits the left flipper. My FT will drain unless you put the right flipper up.

Is adjusting the habitrail just a matter of bending it? I'll check the level again, but it should be level, and my pitch is at 6 to 6.5 degrees.

#2 7 years ago

Can you adjust the screws that mount it? Shift it over a bit maybe?

It could also have to do with how fast/slow your catapult is firing the balls.

Machine is level side to side?

I'd avoid bending it before checking a few other options first. As a last resort you could try to bend it.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Can you adjust the screws that mount it? Shift it over a bit maybe?

It could also have to do with how fast/slow your catapult is firing the balls.

I'll check these items out. I haven't replaced the coil sleeve. I'll give that a try as well as seeing if I can adjust the mount.

FT owners, do yours hit the left flipper as well?

#4 7 years ago

yup , hit's the left flipper then bounces over to the right flipper

#5 7 years ago

yep left flipper

#6 7 years ago

Mine used to drain about half the time. It took a while to adjust/ move/bend . If I remember correctly, i had to tweak up higher on the rail than I thought I would. Once I figured it out it was like a new game!

#7 7 years ago

Left flip, and its fast when it drops. if your not paying attention it will get you everytime.

#8 7 years ago

Mine always hits the left flipper.

#9 7 years ago

Mine hits the left flipper and has so much backspin you can easily trap the first one and get one free shot at the casters club to start the jackpot sequence.

#10 7 years ago

Mystery solved. Took the plastic off over where it mounts on the bottom, and someone at one time must have stripped the hole where it mounts to the playfield. They drilled another hole to the right. To get the habitrail to mount, they bent the end to the right. After bending it back to the left, the ball falls off the end now like it should and goes to the left flipper. Previously with it bent over it didn't touch the single wire on the right and would fall straight down. Couple of broken off toothpicks in the original hole and it tightened up just fine.

Thanks for the help fellas.

#11 7 years ago

Good post. From the reel, my FT throws a perfect strike every time . . . . STDM. Ugh. Have tried loosening the screws and adjusting the habitrail, but that didn't really help because the habitrail didn't move very far, and I didn't/don't want to bend it. Our crude 'solution' was to tie a wire-tie to the end of the habitrail to deflect the balls. That works . . . . sort of, although it's not the best. This post has inspired me to try another method. It's rather frustrating to achieve the multi-ball, but then have the payoff be so annoying.

#12 7 years ago

anyone know how to make the ball shooter send the ball to left flipper more upon plunge? mine almost shoots sdtm

#13 7 years ago

From the reel, our balls usually hit the left slingshot or the left flipper.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

anyone know how to make the ball shooter send the ball to left flipper more upon plunge? mine almost shoots sdtm

It should go to the left flipper EVERY time...

Do you have the proper post/post rubber installed on the metal guide that it runs along on the left upper side??

#15 7 years ago

I had to bend mine as well. I think it gets deformed over time. Having the balls not hit the left flipper would ruin the play of the game.

Quoted from dvandentop:

When I got mine it had two star posts just below where the ball guide runs out on the left. It's supposed to have a star post in the bottom hole and a skinny post in the top one. The rubber size is also critical.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside