IMG_2756 (resized).jpg
IMG_2755 (resized).jpg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpg
IMG_2753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
IMG_2750 (resized).jpg
IMG_2751 (resized).jpg
IMG_2749 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Another vote for just cleaning it up the best you can without getting in too deep.....my plan of action would be to get the playfield and boat ramp decal and fix the mechanical stuff so it plays well. The rest I wouldn't worry about, you're a bit new to the hobby to tackle something big, it could turn into a lot of work for a game that may or may not be staying long.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from skankingaround:

Thankyou for all the posts, it’s really helped me - I bought it with flippers rebuilt, LED’ed, (the seller is going to service the flipper issue for me) it’s almost “fluttery” sometimes works - sometimes doesn’t.
Also fails in the test menu. Perhaps I’ve slightly overpaid for this one - you live and you learn but 3.5k doesn’t get you much down under.
DMD is fine and other then the flipper it seems to play without any other issues. My last purchase was a NIB stern which I sold for close to what I paid for it so I went down a different experience this time.
I think I’ll order the cheap decals for a minor cosmetic lift, (tackle box and boat ramp) give it a good clean up. If my mate powder coats for free I may get this done just because and treat it as a bit of learning experience. (Only got room for one game for now)
After all this is done I’ll assess the cabinet situation - might be best to let someone tackle this one. Really appreciate the comments, figured this would be a good machine to learn a few basics on.
Knew I should’ve waited for the shadow...... Fish Tales seems pretty popular here so hopefully I won’t lose too much on it.
Cheers

I always thought the cab repair was a big undertaking but I bought an orbital sander and realized it really isn't...you disassemble the head, you take out the pf and coin door and have at it. sand, spray it and decal it. But I have to tell you this game is not worth all that effort unless you want to practice on it. Just decal the playfield and boat ramp, add some leds and have fun....sell it later and get a better one down the road if you really like it. I'm on my 3rd FT, each slightly better than the last. I also paid more for each time I bought one. I like the game a lot. I bet you I will eventually sell this one too and get an even better one down the road.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 169.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-first-timer-am-i-in-too-deep-should-i-not-bother?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.