IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png
20240406_211505 (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4493 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Has anyone tried different color star posts, pop bumpers, or lights in the topper? If so, can you post some pictures?
I am about to replace all 17 star posts and even though yellow looks fine and keeps things light, I am interested in seeing some picture of different setups. Teal, Blue, ?
Also, white rubber looks pretty good on FT, it seems to look better with the color scheme on the playfield. Mine are currently black and they need to be changed out anyway.
A Color DMD would look great on FT, especially during video mode!

I'm about to put my playfield back together after a tear down and I've bought both teal and blue bumper caps and various different color lane guides to try too. I didn't think of changing out the star posts but that might be a great idea. Please post pics of examples, anyone.

7 months later
#119 9 years ago

Back in the club! Tore the game down 7 months ago....just got her back up! Gone fishin', leave a message!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I bought some neon green star posts but didn't quite like the look of them. I've got the yellow back, but my FT is currently torn down for new cab decals.
Post edited by MMP : I found the 1 picture I took before taking them off.

green.JPG 46 KB

Looks like you have the pinbits plastic protectors. What gives? Mine don't fit.

#121 9 years ago

A couple pix. Need to fool with LEDs. This was a genuine HUO game (no fade cab!) That only needed a nice shop. Cleaned up as expected and looks and plays like a new game.
20140823_210749.jpg20140823_210749.jpg20140823_210745.jpg20140823_210745.jpg

20140823_212807.jpg20140823_212807.jpg
#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Wow! That's a beaut of a machine! Did you sand and shellac the ball trough? If you didn't, then that is probably the nicest FT I've ever seen.
Mike in Kentucky

I did nothing to that shooter lane except rub it down with Naptha, then Novus and then wax. It's not perfect, but it's documented HUO and a real beaut.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm having a casters club headache...
I'm getting a "bump" nearly every time I cast resulting in a drain down the middle. It looks like my rubber ring is set out a hair too far, and the ball bumps it just enough to result in a constant drain. Any suggestions as to how to fix the issue?

In my shop job I switched to the new translucent rubbers...and the are too fat in this very place and often - not always - result in either a drain or even a dramatic Mis-direction to the right flipper. Not sure what to do except swap out the translucent rubber for white rubber.

Actually I wonder. Dies anyone know if the thin yellow posts are more narrow than the metal versions? I'm using a thin metal post above the star post, but I had a yellow one there before.

#128 9 years ago

Arghh! A lot of the upper GI and pop bumper lights just went out. Hopefully just a short and nothing blown. Anyone know what fuses - and transistors - affect the pop bumper GI (and upper lane dividers, etc.)?

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Blown fuse I bet. had this happen before. Check the 5 fuses on your power board. Bottom left corner. May not be visable, but I bet one is blown.

Will check. Needs to wait until Wed. But will update once known. Thanks!

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Arghh! A lot of the upper GI and pop bumper lights just went out. Hopefully just a short and nothing blown. Anyone know what fuses - and transistors - affect the pop bumper GI (and upper lane dividers, etc.)?

Yes, just a fuse. I found a hex screw in the bottom of the playfield under the pops, so I wonder if that caused a short which blew the fuse. All playfield lighting working fine.

Two new questions:

1) A couple flashers were out in my backbox. When I tried to replace them, the new flashers got REALLY bright (one of them blew). Didn't replace any. Obviously some higher juice coming through those sockets than needed. What to do?

2) Also, the little Wireform in the ball feed trough - the wire the helps ensure balls can't roll backwards down the trough - broke. Probably got weakened in the tumbler. Machine works fine without it, but where can I find a replacement?

Thanks casters!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm having a casters club headache...
I'm getting a "bump" nearly every time I cast resulting in a drain down the middle. It looks like my rubber ring is set out a hair too far, and the ball bumps it just enough to result in a constant drain. Any suggestions as to how to fix the issue?

I figured this out. The ring around these two posts (together) is only a 7/16", which Ill bet is probably half as small as the one you put on there. I think I had on an inch sized, and then tried a 3/4" size, but that's too big. I checked the manual, and sure enough, it's a smaller ring there!

#134 9 years ago

1. Glad I was able to help. The screw prob shorted it out. In my case both ends of the socket touched and poof.
2. Make sure the light you are putting in is a flasher, otherwise they will overload and blow.

Well, I used 906s...are they not Flashers?

#148 9 years ago

Yeah you are fine, sounds like too much voltage is hitting them. Someone with better experience could help solve that. But if you put a LED flasher I bet it would be able to handle the extra voltage. Call it a hack not a fix.

First one I tried was a flexi flasher and it blew. Ask Lloyd here I come.

But my game is playing sooooo sweet and FAST. A teardown shop job on this with a good wax and polish - with lightening flippers- and it really fights you.

#151 9 years ago

I just finished LEDing FT. Looks awesome, but I'm very disappointed in how much it's impacted the sweeping lighting effects of locking balls and other things in the game. Has anyone bought Herg's OCD LEF board and installed it in FT? And does it bring back those awesome lighting effects?

#157 9 years ago

Maybe you misunderstand me. There is a very nice sweeping effect with FT with incandescents, particularly when you lock a ball. With LEDs that effect disappears. I could care less about flickering or strobing or ghosting, as I'm not overly sensitive to it and it doesn't bother me. In fact, some of my LEDs in FT do have a little ghost shimmer, but I think it looks like iridescent fish, which is a natural!

#159 9 years ago

The sweeping effect was much more deliberate and sustained with incandescents. It's still there just less impressive.

#165 9 years ago

I never LED'ed LOTR because it was too damn gorgeous stock. SM was gorgeous stock too, but I eventually LED'ed her to freshen her up before ultimately selling. Did the same with CSI, which looks sick stock but pretty damn cool with LEDs too.

For whatever reason I just love the lighting on FT in a couple situations that suffer with LED. That said, I'd sooner get an led OCD (sold out currently) than go back to incandescents.

FT seems a little darker now in the center, around the fisherman's face. Anyone add spots? Where did you place them, and how?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 169.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.