IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#877 7 years ago

Loop question. When you launch the ball where is the ball hitting your left flipper?

Mine is very close to the tip. Game is level.

#879 7 years ago

According to my level, 6.5 of steepness.

#885 7 years ago

Looks like my loop issue must have been level problem. Even though the 2 digital levels I have read properly level.

From people's comments and watching the Papa tutorial, the loop should hit the middle of left flipper.

Changed my FT location in the game room, installed a new set of legs and levelers and started fresh. Loop shoot plays perfectly now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Quoted from Stebel:

Loop question. When you launch the ball where is the ball hitting your left flipper?
Mine is very close to the tip. Game is level.

#888 7 years ago

Strip and clean for sure. Clean smooth surface will stick so much better.

4 years later
#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

OK so…
I have had my FT for almost 3 years now. I really like the table. Always have, since the days of playing it in bars on route. I got mine from a guy that worked for an operator. He took it when the place closed down in the early 2000s and it was just sitting in the garage. He sold it to me for 1,200. Pretty great deal, I think.
I have always had this game set on 3 ball. I am a purist, after all. The majority of my pinball friends DO NOT like the table. They find it hard to master and too quick to drain. I have been thinking of moving it to 5 ball for the sake of others. Yes, I know I can change it whenever I want. Yes, I know that I don’t need anyone’s permission. I just love hearing people’s opinions about this stuff.
For me, Fish Tales is a ton of fun BECAUSE it is challenging. At the same time, it is really hard to play it casually and put up good scores if you are not a really good player. Even the multiball is brutal and often ends with very little to show for all the chaos. I usually play for the mini modes (captive ball)/multiball when I play and I have very good success this way. Boat Ramps are fun and Monster Fish is always a nice grab. I’m just wondering if anyone else tends to try to set this easier for guests.
Cheers,
Tim in Motown
PS – Hey Bob, look – Water Skiers!

What flippers do you have installed, lightning or regular?

2 weeks later
#3569 3 years ago

You could put the decal on some magnet paper like magnet apron decals and stick it right on top one the parts with the hole in it. The hole wouldn’t show at all.

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Stupid question, but should they be tapped with the game on?

Game off.

I would push on them to make sure they are seated. If you don’t care about high score or audits. I’d pop the socketed chips and reseat them. It sure looks like a data issue. I would not take out the square chip only push on that one.

#3585 3 years ago

Get the Fish Tales rom with the led patch added. I got my roms from PINBALLROM.COM

1 month later
#3635 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Sad day, I have left the club
I just got offered to much $$ for it to refuse the offer, someone really wanted it bad....

Before you leave, what was your high score, and boat rocks?

#3641 3 years ago

Here is a picture of a light up drop target.

1C2A663A-2543-4D72-8C7B-9952043EA853 (resized).jpeg1C2A663A-2543-4D72-8C7B-9952043EA853 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3657 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

I'm really hoping someone has a solution , because obviously I can't come up with one myself. I can't get the ball to stop getting stucked in the longcast switch! As we can see on the picture , the ball gets stuck in the slot for the long cast switch. My first idea was to simply bend the actuator a bit more so that it pushed the ball out.. Every adjustment I made to the actuator never gave any good result.. and I ended up brake the actuator. I temporarily fixed it by using a safety pin that I reshaped, because safety pins are usually pretty sturdy. Yet, I had the same issue again and again, so I tried adjusting it over and over , and then broke the lever on which the actuator is mounted.. I hacked repaired that , and ordered 2 new actuators from Marco. I went ahead and shaped the actuator with trial and error (the location is a total pain to work in). But then I noticed the new actuator was also moving side to side because the lever came loose a bit inside it's plastic case. Since I had the shape , I decided to use my 2nd actuator and be very careful on how I handle it , not to loosen it up too. Well, these actuators are total crap! Even being extra careful the 2nd one ended up loosening itself just as bad.. I opened one of them and added some tension on the lever so that it stops moving as much. Now the actuator really doesn't shift as much, but it probably requires more than the 30g I think was advertised to close the switch.
But no matter how I shape that goddamn actuator, it can never push the ball out of the slot. If i try to lower the actuator so that the ball starts rolling back down the lane, I never managed to make it so that the ball would roll back down, but activate the switch too. My last idea would be to add Kwik wood inside the slot itself, to try and make it narrower so the ball can't hold in the slot, or completely block the first portion of the slot , like 1/8".
Ideas ? It's ruining all my fun.. Every time I play and it gets stuck there I want to do something about it! Trying to shake the ball out often causes tilts ..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It looks like the end of your ball guide is peened over. Send a pic without the ball there.

#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

[quoted image]

I have had my game for 20 plus year and never had the ball stop like in your picture.

I assume the ball is kicked out of the upper hole and bounces around to the position in the pictures?

#3663 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Yeah, either that or it bounces back up the L-I-E lane from the jet bumpers and end up there. It only sticks there when it has very little speed, but it occurs every 3-4 games..

If you remove the switch, so it is just a bare groove, the ball will roll to the right and down and not get stuck, correct?

The ball is getting stuck because of the switch actuator?

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Yes, correct, without the switch it can roll back down the slot and not get stucked.

I can't really use another switch, because the position of this switch, its actuator is very long and a particular shape. And since the original actuator broke, and the replacement is not designed the same way, I can't move the lever from this switch to another one.
I will start by increasing the slope, then might lower the actuator and increase sensitivity on the switch.
How reliable are magnetic switches? That sounds like a good idea.
Pretty sure nobody has an explanation about that hole in the long cast lane. Every playfield I have ever seen, even digital games, all have it.
Thanks for the ideas! I'll try adjusting it, again, sometimes today.

Magnetic switches are perfect. My CV has one and it has never missed sensing the ball.

Lots of people are using these magnetic switches in various games to replace cherry arm switches.

1 week later
#3685 2 years ago

Lit up all the star posts.

A80F4ADA-7613-4A4E-A982-5F4989DFAF8C (resized).jpegA80F4ADA-7613-4A4E-A982-5F4989DFAF8C (resized).jpeg
#3689 2 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Latest restoration I did for my friend Gary
Gbailey069
His Pictures are amazing.
The Game was a 7 and he gave me « carte blanche ». I’m really proud with the results. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Any pics of the pop bumper area?

2 weeks later
#3701 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I’ll be lighting that casters club too! My approach will be to use comet matrix system. Probably easiest to use a bendie wedge lamp in a wedge matrix socket. That matrix socket can tie into one of the nearby lights using a bayonet bulb with the matrix extension.
That’s what I’d do but I’m curious if you guys lit it up another way?</blockquote

Who sells the drop target in that clear opaque? you can light it up a few ways, small strip or a couple bendies.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0021-00-71

1 week later
#3713 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:Hey folks I have a piece of unobtanium on my hands. If anyone needs a cast handle I am About to toss it on EBay but thought I would check here first pm me if you need one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They are $130 at pinballlife, in stock. Not unobtainium any longer.

1 month later
#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

How hard is it to change the lights in the topper to leds

My FT uses anti-theft torq screws. Same ones on the head lock. Easy to do with the proper tool.

3 months later
#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hi, fellow casters! I finally finished my FT makeover with Radcals. They look fantastic I think. Definitely a fair amount of work! Love this game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic. If you can showcase your cabinet in your collection, Radcals are so worth it.

Like your decal too for the lock drop target. The translucent drop is a nice touch too.

4 weeks later
#4091 2 years ago

Z

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I did this last night after adjusting my casters club exit wireform!!
[quoted image]

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I did this last night after adjusting my casters club exit wireform!!
[quoted image]

Great score, but I gotta know - Lightning or regular flippers?

Did you get the super jackpot at all or just grind that score out?

3 months later
#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Well, one less original Fish Tales now as of yesterday![quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic work. Great job. Dots are really well done.

10 months later
#5110 1 year ago

Always thought the right side of the playfield could use a little something.

May I present - “Mark the Mosquito”.

34DB7E5D-2204-4029-BD4E-FD51D8CBEED6 (resized).jpeg34DB7E5D-2204-4029-BD4E-FD51D8CBEED6 (resized).jpegC99AA7FC-2DE2-4A09-8A87-5488BC6F17BA (resized).jpegC99AA7FC-2DE2-4A09-8A87-5488BC6F17BA (resized).jpegF08877FE-149D-4884-918B-65114DEE3C95 (resized).jpegF08877FE-149D-4884-918B-65114DEE3C95 (resized).jpeg
#5115 1 year ago
Quoted from zerbam:

did you sculpt “Mark the Mosquito” yourself? he's awesome!!! making any to sell to us other fish tales owners!!!!!

I asked a girl at my work to make him for me. She made it from scratch just looking at the playfield plastic. It is resin printed.

I am going to work with her to refine the printing process and make it even better.

Mark the Mosquito will be for sale in the future.

4 months later
#5279 10 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

I have a Pin2DMD that came with mine. It looks great but I need to turn the screen on separately from the machine and I have no idea the reason. He plugged it into a on/off switch which is plugged into the operator's power socket.

Pin2dmd usually plugs into J116 for Fish Tales.
Harness for display has the connector to splice it properly.

D111489C-94C1-45F6-8D9F-9CB6BC8CEE6F (resized).jpegD111489C-94C1-45F6-8D9F-9CB6BC8CEE6F (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#5394 8 months ago
Quoted from JLay:

I’m looking to sell my original PF in decent shape after doing my Kruzman swap (including mini PF). Not sure what to price it at but if anyone is interested DM me and let’s talk. Located in Seattle but can ship in a Kruzman wooden crate at buyers expense. Would be happy for this to go into a worthy machine that needs some PF love.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How easy was the playfield swap? Wire guides at the top rollover easy or problematic?

1 month later
#5420 6 months ago

Monster fish is from Scooby Doo. There is one on AliExpress.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLH8xGW

3 months later
#5466 3 months ago

Does anyone have the Casters Club mod installed that was for sale on eBay awhile back?

11EF16A9-2338-419E-A5AA-B9FDAD58FFAB (resized).jpeg11EF16A9-2338-419E-A5AA-B9FDAD58FFAB (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5508 87 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Standard Williams flipper bat -
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10110-6
A little more of the lightning flipper story. Fish Tales, BSD, Doctor Who, and Popeye were the 4 I recall that shipped with Highlining flippers by request of the big operator in Germany.

I thought Black Rose was another

2 months later
#5588 6 days ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

I wish someone would make this. The monster fish and this are the ones I like. [quoted image]

Mark the Mosquito is making progress. Alterered the design to be model like. Much more sturdy design. If a piece breaks for whatever reason, air ball or clumbsy, you can just replace the busted piece.

Hard part is the painting.

5FA40252-92AC-4F80-8949-D7A79AD71075 (resized).jpeg5FA40252-92AC-4F80-8949-D7A79AD71075 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=stebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.