IMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1425 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240410-104039 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minishark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1660 5 years ago

I’m in the club finally, my FT was delivered this morning. It is a players machine that was reimported from Barcelona according to the stickers I found on it. It has a single coin slot door, no coin mechs or box. It plays just fine it’s just cosmetic stuff. I already know I need to redo the playfield slide hinges, there’s at least one missing spring and the other is bent and I’m thinking about new cabinet decals. It looks like the inserts were reset awhile ago, not the best job, but they’re level and will do until I get brave enough to try a playfield swap. But this is my first project pin so it will be a learning experience.
My first question is that I think I’m missing a piece of glass trim up by the back box, see the gap? Can someone tell me what part I need to order? Thanks!

7BA76EFB-714C-4E6A-8438-35B53E4FD734 (resized).jpeg7BA76EFB-714C-4E6A-8438-35B53E4FD734 (resized).jpeg

9269322F-A259-4351-8107-15FADA1AF869 (resized).jpeg9269322F-A259-4351-8107-15FADA1AF869 (resized).jpeg

#1662 5 years ago

Thank you Neal. I have a feeling Marco is going to be hearing from me regularly as I find things to fix.

1 week later
#1663 5 years ago

Looks like all those newly rediscovered CPR gold playfield are gone. They are no longer showing in the CPR store.

5 months later
#1953 5 years ago

Just fixed the first 2 school fish which were working intermittently and then not at all. With some great advice and encouragement from Ed at Great Plains Electronics this newbie has replaced the IDC connector for the school fish and reflowed the solder on the lamp board and now they work perfectly. I know it isn’t a big fix, but I was really hesitant to do anything to the board since I didn’t see anywhere on the internet to get replacement parts if I screwed up.

0644CFD6-6B46-49CF-B55D-A69CECB2C9FF (resized).jpeg0644CFD6-6B46-49CF-B55D-A69CECB2C9FF (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#2268 5 years ago

Just got my new D6 rom installed tonight. Many thanks to Inkochnito for the file and to my friend Bryan who burned the chip for me. It works like a charm.

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can you notice any difference front m the previous ROM? LED ghosting?

I had slight ghosting on 2 lights, one of which caused my monster fish eyes to glow dimly all the time, so it was noticeable. Have not seen it since the D-6 was installed.

9 months later
#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ordered mirrored backglass, one thing that’s beautiful with all CPR,s mirrored
Glasses is the colors are amazing more so the the mirroring itself
My MM is gorgeous

When you get it could you post pictures and let us know how you like it. I have been tempted to get one since CPR announced it.
Thanks,
Tina

2 months later
#2774 4 years ago

I just got a CPR Fish Tales mirrored Backglass for Christmas and it doesn’t seem to fit the original trim which was used on the translite. One of the side trim pieces cracked a tiny bit when I tried to put it on the new backglass so I stopped and put the translite back on the machine. I emailed CPR and they told me they used to use 3mm glass but have upgraded to 4mm for production to avoid warping. I measured and I got 4mm glass, which is thicker than the translite glass and thinner than 3/16” glass.
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?
I’m considering buying 3/16” trim & lift channel and using friction tape on the molding to decrease the size and make it fit better. Or could I use System 11 trim? I don’t know how wide that is. Or would using a heat gun on the current trim to soften it up work? To be honest I’m not a big fan of the idea of forcing the old trim since my current side trim tried to split when I tried to install it on Christmas.
Thanks for your help,
Tina

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Discussed in the CPR Backglass thread.
Solution is the System 11 Trim, Pinballlife has it.

Thank you!

#2784 4 years ago

Finally got the new backglass installed and it looks fabulous.

20200125_120549 (resized).jpg20200125_120549 (resized).jpg20200125_120539 (resized).jpg20200125_120539 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#3747 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hi, fellow fishermen. I was able to find a Monster Fish mod. I attached it to the socket under the Monster Fish hurry-up insert, which is a 6.3v socket. The lights in the eyes barely light up. Is this mod designed for 12v power, from a flasher? Is there a best location for his eyes to come on during Monster Fish mode?
Thanks!

If I remember correctly it connects to the socket under the purple feeding frenzy fish in the left orbit. Here are the directions I found:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fish-tales-monster-fish-mod

Tina

3 months later
#3931 2 years ago

In case anyone is interested, Cliff Rinear now has a complete Fish Tales protection package on his web page.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/FishTales.htm

3 months later
#4270 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Anyone know about a topper for one?
Checked online and not seeing an all inclusive topper. Found a background and clear box. That's about it.

I built one using the instructions on the following Pinside thread. Pictures on the other thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guide-build-fish-tales-topper-from-scratch

6 months later
#4830 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The shells decal is available also, and serves to diffuse the light from the bulbs on top of the cab. Usually torx screws are used to attach the dome to the top of the head. Like these below. There is also a reflective metallic decal that sticks to the dome above the fish, but I’m not sure where to find those. Interestingly, the metallic decal comes with the dome topper replacement for Doctor Who (see below), I just bought one from Ministry of Pinball. That dome is smaller than the one for Fish Tales and White Water. I’m not sure why the metallic decal isn’t included. You don’t necessarily need it, but that’s the last original feature you might want.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The reflective decal is to block the light from the topper splashing all over the ceiling and to reflect it back onto the fish. When I made my topper I used “Self-Adhesive Chrome Silver Vinyl Wrap Sticker Decal Film” from Amazon for the decal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minishark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club?tu=minishark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.